Friday 9 September 2016

A Postcard A Day - Friday 9 Sept 2016 - Friday Smiles

Good Morning everyone! I'm back!

I've been AWOL for a few weeks. I have been visiting my son, DIL and grandson in Italy. I have also met up with old friends and visited old haunts. 
So as this Friday blog is about smiles and positive things, the first photo is of me (on right) and my son and his MIL (who was my friend and neighbour even before her daughter was born):
It was an absolute delight to be spending time with my 22 month old grandson, but oh so tiring!
The journey to and from Italy went smoothly although it is a long trek as we live three and a half hours drive from the airport and so do they. Plus the fact that I have to be at the airport two hours before the flight... Yesterday I arrived home at 3 pm having set off at midnight. 

My postcard for today comes from Russia:
 I do like vintage cards and black and white photography. This is a ballet dancer around 1890. She looks as if she is wearing a corset for the photo. What do you think?
This card was sent to me by a 9 yr old. So sweet. 
I'm planning to link up with Annie at Friday Smiles. It is a blog about being positive and see the silver lining on every cloud. 

Here is something that might make you smile:
The caption goes: "The reality of online shopping!"

This one might be a bit risque but as I am a pensioner myself I can laugh at it and not feel offended:
I wish you all a fab week with lots of positiveness,

Keep smiling!

Lisca

10 comments:

  1. What a fab post Lisca. So lovely to have enjoyed special family time for you. Beautiful photos and as for the last funny I now have tears running down my face 😂😂😂😂 Thanks for sharing,
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute to get a postcard from the little girl. I love it. And nice to see photos of your grandson and son. Also nice to hear you had a good trip. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love that last postcard. SOOO true!!!! And it's lovely to see you looking happy in Italy!!! What a wonderful trip:) Still, if you're like me, it's even nicer to get home:) Hope you have a fabulous, relaxed weekend after all the busyness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as if you had a wonderful time in Italy with your family. What a sweet postcard from the little girl and amazing English from a nine year old. I had a good laugh at your Friday funnies. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you had a good time. Love the postcard from your little friend. I bet you're ready now for a rest. I've sent you a message on your contact form, hope it arrives safely. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah a lovely post and you look like you had a fabulous time with your son - children that age can be ooh so tiring - but great fun! Loving the funny elements and the postcard is lovely! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisca. Risqué or not, it made me laugh.
    I am glad you had some good family time. It was a lot of travelling for you to do on your own, but I guess when we want to see folk, we do what we have to!
    I love the ballerina post card and the fact that it came from such a young child makes it very special.
    Have a happy smiley week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisca,
    What an adorable little grandson. I bet he keeps his parents on their toes. Love the postcard and the note from the boy who sent it.
    Have a great weekend!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisca, happy Friday. Just wonderful isn't it to visit with the family especially the little ones - he's a bit cute...yep they are tiring and don't I know it as I babysit the girls on Mondays - just don't plan anything else for the day. I did have a chuckle with the 'oldies' - wondering what you were commenting about as I scrolled down it all appeared...funny, can I say but true. Anyway have a fabulous weekend Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisca, been AWOL too but it's nice to be back and catching up with you and what you have been doing over the summer. Your holiday photos with the family in Italy are lovely. I like postcards with old photos too and how lovely for you to receive one from a 9 year old. Your funnies did make me giggle even the risque one :) Have a great week. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete