Saturday 29 March 2014

Dream Daughter layout


I would like to show you the layout I created for the CSI Colors, Stories, Inspiration challenge:



Oh I loved this one! Especially the colours. I’ve used a photo of me and my lovely step-daughter, taken 3 years ago, and called it Dream Daughter. (I scraplifted the design from a layout by Jen Martakis.)


The colours are all there.
Evidence: hearts, flowers, leaves, penwork (the stitching)
Testimony: Inspired by the word ‘dream’, freewriting, and swirly journaling (well,... the title in this case is a bit wavy).

I had bought that thick red thread (see Wednesday’s blog: What's on my desk) but it was too thick to go in my machine and it was also too thick to stitch in the paper. The paper ripped. Oh well, I’m sure I can use it somewhere else.

I dug deep in my boxes determined to use stuff I had, but never used: Glossy Accents (on the rose), Distress Stickles (on the hearts) and the dots stamp.

The journaling reads: “I’ve always dreamt of having a daughter. So when I married a man who had a daughter, this was a bonus. But Tracey was a teenager with baggage and building a relationship with her wasn’t as easy as I thought. Now, all those years later, she is in her late thirties and has children of her own. One look at the photo will tell you what our relationship is like at the moment.”

The papers are: ‘Indian Summer’ Plum Wine, ‘Indian Summer’ Woodrose and DCWV Stack 5. The little hearts are from Basicgrey  Element Stickers : ‘Sugared’, with Distress Stickles on them. The rose is Anna Griffin. The title letters: ‘Wingo Zingo’ alphabet from Sissix, the journaling font is ‘Lovely Excuse’.

Thank you for looking, wherever you are in the world. God bless and see you soon!

No comments: