Friday 1 December 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 1 Dec 2017 Friday Smiles

Hi everybody,


It's not going to be a long blog today as I am recovering from a 24 hr tummy bug. It was pretty awful, nuthing to smile about so we won't mention it again.


What did make me smile was the card I received today:




It is a scene by Thomas Kinkade. The reason I was so thrilled to receive this card was that the writer is only 6 years old! Usually the people that send me cards via Postcrossing are adults or sometimes teenagers but very rarely children. So I was super pleased with a handwritten card. This is what she writes:
I am impressed with her neat handwriting. I find children nowadays don't write very well at all. This is an exception.
The stamps are awesome:
There are a lot of things that the US is known for: Tiffany lamps, Navajo jewelry (my personal favorite), chippendale furniture and American clocks. Of course there is the stars and stripes flag and (especially for me as I love them) a tortoise. It made my day!


I will leave you with a few cat funnies:




Have a great week everyone,
Hugs,
Lisca

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisca, hope that bug has gone for good, sounds horrid. You are right the handwriting is very good for a child of that age. Loving the kitty photos. I have a friend and her cat is for ever sitting on the computer, maybe he's trying to tell her something! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah hun I hope you are fully recovered from the lurgy, there is nothing worse! The postcard is lovely how fantastic to receive a card from a child. Loving the funnies, particularly the first one.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those gorgeous little cats. Of course they made me smile.
    How lovely to get a card from a child. As you say, her writing is very good for a six year old.
    I am sorry you managed to catch a bug. I hope you are feeling much better by now. Kate x

    ReplyDelete