Monday 5 August 2024

Monday Murals from Almería, Spain

Hello Monday 'muralers',

 Last Tuesday I joined Elizabeth and Bluebeard with a photo of my son (left) in front of a life-like mural:

I got several comments telling me to join Monday Murals, so here I am.

The location is Almería, the capital of the province of the same name in southern Spain.

I found an article by Miguel Carceles, earlier in the year and he writes that the council are planning to have these artistic arrangements by photographic artists in other parts of the city too.

This particular building is (as you can see on the above photo) on Calle Granero.
The whole building looks like this:

Some details which I have taken from the Internet, as I, stupidly, didn't stop to take more photos.

The idea behind all this is to get people to walk through the older neighbourhoods as well as the commercial centre or the boulevard.
The man on the left is Miguel Bisbal, and he stands in the door to his hairdresser shop (peluquería in Spanish).


The people in the windows represent actual people that live in that area.

According to the article, this is Naima, who runs a tea-room.

Almería is only an hour and a half drive from where I live, and I go there often, but next time I will go in search of other urban art as I like this very much. Do you?

Wishing you all a happy Monday,
Lisca


PS: None of my photos would upload on the Linky, so I have just uploaded a random picture which says. Buenos Días (Good morning)





3 comments:

magiceye said...

Stunningly beautiful work!

Sami said...

Thanks for joining Monday Murals, hope to see many more murals from Spain.
Both murals are fantastic and with the first one I can hardly distinguish what is painted and what is real.
The building's facade painted with real residents is great too.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Lisca.

Bertiebo said...

Very nice work. Good to see!