Tuesday 20 August 2024

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 20 August 2024 - T for C-3PO, nails and Ikea

 Hello lovely girls, It's Tuesday again and that means T-Party!! Woohoo! Have you got your drink ready? 

But before we join the T-Party, let me show you a fun postcard I received:


It comes from Germany. A guy from Hamburg sent it to me.  It's a production illustration by Ralph McQuarrie and it it is called: 'Ewoks carrying C-3PO on Endor.' 

The stamp is a Postcrossing stamp. Postcrossing is so popular in Germany that they issued a stamp especially:


There were some stickers on the card too:
This is a Banksy sticker. I love Banksy as it reminds me of Bristol. Banksy started in Bristol and I remember seeing his art work all over Bristol before he was even famous.
This is also a sticker. It's so small that I can't read the date on the 'newspaper'. The blue lines is the cancellation stamp.

As I said earlier: It's T for Tuesday! Hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard, one only needs to add a drink reference. Here is mine:


What have I been doing? Well, I had my nails done (My Friday friends have already seen this):
I was going to have them turquoise again, but saw the nails of the girl that was doing mine and I asked if she could do mine the same. She did:
The glitter unfortunately is not visible on the photo.

On Friday evening I had dinner with two men! My Danish neighbour and the young man upstairs came to dinner. I made spaghetti alle vongole (clams) and had salmon and dorada as a main. I completely forgot to take any pictures!

Saturday should have been Intercambio, our Spanish/English conversation group, but very few could make it, so my friends and I went for a drink in the Paseo, only one block away from my house:
We started with three people, but as the evening progressed, more people joined:
It's light until 9 pm and as I was very tired that day, I headed home at dusk:
And I noticed at the end of my street they had set up a stage and a sound system. (can you see it?)  At midnight there would be dancing and a band would be playing live. I was hoping that the wind was blowing the other way so I would be able to sleep. Luckily it didn't disturb me.

Yesterday my friend Andy had another hospital appointment and we drove to Granada. After the appointment we went to Ikea in the big shopping mall. I'd never been there. We walked around Ikea, bought a few little things and then had lunch in the cafetaria. The menu is the same, the world over I think (well, at least in the whole of Europe). I had the salmon with the couscous:

My drink is an alcohol free beer (I'm trying to lose weight. It's low calorie).

And Andy had the pork shank:
(Kim wasn't hungry).

I had never been to this enormous shopping mall:

It's called Nevada
Inside there are several levels and hundreds of shops. There is also a large food court (we didn't go there). My sister, who loves shopping would just looove this!
Palm trees inside too. I know Elizabeth likes to see palm trees. 

The road back through the mountains is always very quiet. So it was a big surprise when we found ourselves in a tailback, a standing queue:
This is the first time in 20 years that I've experienced this.
This was the reason. A lorry in the ditch. It took us 20 minutes to inch our way past the accident. They were in the process of recovering the truck.

Oh well, never a dull moment. (I just thank the Lord for air conditioning in cars).

That is all from me today. I wish you all a very happy T-Day!

Keep smiling!

Lisca




















 











7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, you are light until 9 at night. It's always amazing how light varies depending on where you are. Our sunset is right now a while before 8PM, and I miss the lighter evenings. And I like to visit IKEA, but it's about 2 1/2 hours from my house. So I enjoyed seeing your meal. I usually get the Swedish meatballs. I wonder if they had that on the menu at the mall you visited. Sounds like you had an exciting week, and I hope you have a super T day and rest of this week too. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I had no idea postcrossing is popular here?
I did this some... ages ago.
Oh, cool, Banksy. I still have to share so much of his art I visited in... January!!! Time flies!
That cute rat was everywhere.
Oh, such wonderful, fun summer-pics!
LOL. My T and I, friends S and G.. always at IKEA.
Saw a docu on a shopping mall in China yesterday. Huge. Everything gin there. Crazy. Your sister should visit that.
Hope the driver of that truck was "well".
Happy T-Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous, I love Banksy! Your nails look so beautiful too 😊. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Sounds like a fun and busy weekend. Very pretty nails. My Eldest would love them. I’ve never been to Ikea. Maybe I should talk Teague into a trip. Linguine a la vongola is my favorite. Good choice. Happy T Day

Cloudia said...

Wow! Thank you for bringing us along

Violetta said...

Many experiencies in this post, dear Lisca. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Spaghetti a vongole...must have been tasting good I think.
Have a good time
Violetta

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVED that postcard. I'm a big fan of Star Wars. The date on The Guardian sticker looks like July 22, 1969, the year Apollo astronauts first walked on the moon. Also, Russia's Luna 15 is mentioned, which also was from that month.

I've never heard of spaghetti alle vongole, but I'm not a fan of clams. The salmon sounds good, though.

Glad you and your friends got together on the Paseo. I've never been to an IKEA. More drinks to share. Wow. I would love to see the Nevada with palms inside and out!!

Thanks for sharing the postcard, the shopping mall, and your various drinks with us for T this week, Lisca.