Friday 23 August 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 23 August 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, How are you all? Have you had lots of smiles this week? I have had a lovely week although I haven't many photographs to prove it.

First let's talk about postcards. I have not one but two postcards for you today. Here is the first one:

It is a postcard from a German island called Poel. It is an island in the Baltic sea. As a holiday destination it has sandy beaches, and a lot of history. The island is connected to the mainland by a causeway. I'm sure I have featured a card from Poel before. Obviously a very popular place. 

Here is another card with Poel on it:
As you can see on this map, Poel lies  in the triangle between the three Hanseatic towns of Rostock, Wismar and Lübeck. 

Two cards means I have two stamps. The first one is the from the young wild animals series:
Young mountain goats. So cute!

The other one is this:
It celebrates 50 years German Children's Fund. (March 1, 2022)
I found a bit more information on the Internet (Bundesministerium der Finanzen):
When three Munich businessmen founded the German Children's Fund in 1972, they had a big goal: They set out to better equip playgrounds in Germany. A lot has changed in Germany since then. And the areas of responsibility of the German Children's Fund have become more diverse.
Today, 50 years later, the German Children's Fund is an organization that takes care of numerous issues affecting children in Germany. The heart of the work is to make children's rights known in Germany and to anchor their implementation - i.e. to strengthen the special rights that guarantee all children and young people up to the age of 18 special protection, support and participation in matters that affect them.
Design of the postage stamp:
Julia Warbanow, Berlin
Value: 85 cents

I'm just looking in my diary to see what I have done this week. On Saturday I spent a lot of time on the Internet trying to find out why every month some 44 euros goes out to Shop at Mars. I have bought a keyring or something on that website some months ago, that much I managed to establish. Eventually I found out that I, without knowing, had also  bought a membership of Red Planet which costs 45 US dollars a month. I have now canceled it and I haven't been able to find out exactly what it was I got for that money. I'm just glad I finally found it and cancelled it. 

On Saturday evening I went out for drinks in the village:
You will have seen a similar photo on Tuesday's blog.

On Monday I accompanied my friends to Granada, and, amongst other things,  we went to Ikea, which is in the Nevada shopping mall:
I had never been and it's huge! (Photos from the Internet)

On Tuesday I had to go into town to the electricity company's office and of course do my food shopping. I also bought two little dresses in the sale (15 euros each) and they will go into my suitcase for Lisbon next month.

On Wednesday I went out for lunch with a Dutch friend who is looking after her elderly mother. Her carer kindly offered to stay so she could go out.
We each had a salad. I chose smoked salmon salad. This is what I got:
Absolutely swimming in oil! The photo was taken after I had siphoned some of the oil off onto another plate. It also had smoked herring. The green bits are gherkins. All very nice, but because it was difficult to eat, I didn't enjoy it. When I complained I was told I was meant to dip my bread in it. Later I discovered that I had also paid separately for the basket of bread (that neither of us touched). Oh well, we did have a laugh about it. My friend's salad was lovely and I will go there again as it was a very nice place (but I won't have this salad again).


That is all for today
I will leave you with some funnies at the end.

Enjoy your weekend,
Keep smiling,

Lisca















6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Nice cards this week with pretty and interesting stamps.
I hope you enjoyed your day in Granada. It is one of my favourite places for a day trip.
Your saladdidn't appeal to me at all but it is not one I would have chosen any way.
Your funnies made me smile, especially the tee-shirt one. Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great cards, it's always interesting to see where they are from but the stamps ...well you know they will be my favourite. Love the funnies, actually I still want the crayolas Lol! much more fun than the phone Lol! Have agreat weekend, hugs Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Lisca, really. I have never heard of Poel! And I am German.
Fehmarn I have many a card from, my Brother goes there with his family most summers.
And in Lübeck Ingo´s Brother (doctor) saved Ingo´s life. What a card!
The stamps are very cute!
Hehe. Logical. I was born and they found the fund ;-) And invented Die Maus, boy, do I feel important (JOKE!!!!!)

ACK to the unwanted membership!

LOL on the striped shirt your friend is wearing. Wednesday in town, me wearing one too, I saw three other people in thze same outfit. Yesterday my teamlead called and put on the came... us both...striped.

Hmmm, Lisbon sounds great - please take tons of pics and share!
To a better salad next time.

Men!!!! Really! Ingo: "You are not 20 anymore!".
Wonder who´s cleaning up here (that was my plan).

Have a great Friday full of smiles.

My name is Erika. said...

Those automatic payments for memberships are crazy aren't they? And I do wonder sometimes what it is you get. I'm not sure about that salad either. Hmmm. But as long as you had a nice time with your friend, that is what matters. Have a super weekend Lisca. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Our President Biden is trying to regulate those predatory online bills and “memberships” but it’s very hard to struggle against the evil forces that make money on helpless people. And the evil ones might just be empowered again if the US election goes off the rails. Good luck with your problem!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rostrose said...

Dear Lisca, I like your two postcards and stamps. Unfortunately, I don't know this part of Germany yet, but it's on my "travel to when I can't manage extra-long trips anymore" list 😉.
Oh, your thing with Shop at Mars and Red Planet sounds like a terrible rip-off. Do you have any idea what kind of company that is?
Your salad wouldn't have been my thing either. But maybe it tastes good with bread...
In any case, I'm happy for you that you had a good time with friends on several occasions - and that you're apparently traveling to Lisbon soon, how lovely! 😊
Your funnies amused me (at least the ones I understood 😂😅)
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/08/weltreise-2024-abschied-von-neuseeland.html