Wednesday 2 August 2023

A Potcard A Day - Wednesday 2 August 2023 - Second on the 2nd

 Hello lovely ladies, 

Once a month Elizabeth and Bluebeard host Second on the 2nd where we post an old blogpost for the second time. I'm going to post one from August 2016. Here it is:

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 23 August 2016 - T for coffee and grape tart

Hi Tuesday gals! I'm back! We've been away for a week in our campervan/RV. Here it is parked outside our house ready to be loaded.

We went to a camp site in the mountains with lots of trees as it is so warm here. We were parked up amongst the trees and it was bearable. It was a forced rest for my hubby. To make him stop working we have to literally leave the house. So that's what we did.

My postcard for today has a coffee theme:
(I'm going to link up with Elizabeth at T for Tuesday where we share drink-related things  and feature something with a drink in it.)

It was sent to me from Germany. It looks like 1930(ish) to me, looking at the shoes and clothes. Don't you think? Ingrid, who sent it to me writes that she lives near Koblenz, between large forests, old castles and rectilinear vinyards. How lovely!

I've been busy making lots of jam as people keep giving me plums. We also have loads of grapes and hardly know what to do with them. We took a large bag to church for people to help themselves. And brought a large bag to house group for people to snack on. I also made some tarts. (Very difficult in a hot climate). I made a pastry and blind baked it over the bottom of a round cake pan. Then made a pattisery cream and put the (halved) grapes on top and then just glazed it.

 It looks great, but the sides collapsed as soon as I tried to transport it. Oh well, it tasted yummy and that's the important bit.


I must say I'm getting excited! I will be driving to Malaga on Friday, spending the night there and taking an early morning flight to Rome on Saturday morning. Then I will catch a bus to the Adriatic side of Italy where my son will be picking me up. I will be spending ten days with him and his wife and my nearly two year old grandson. So I will probably not join you next Tuesday (unless someone can show me  how to blog on my Android tablet).

That's it from me this morning. Have a lovely T-Day and a fab week ahead!
Blessings,
Lisca

5 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Your travel plans sound exciting! I hope you'll have a wonderful time!

Mae Travels said...

Those look like nice memories from a few years ago. I bet that was a wonderful trip… your grandson must be quite a big kid by now!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can remember when you and Graham took trips in that RV. Nice memories, too. So glad you shared this second look with us, because I actually remember this old post from 2016. BTW, look for an Inlinkz link, not a Mr Linky link.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great summer post, or should I say repost Lisca. I have to go away to get my husband to stop doing things, so I know what you meant by that. And I remember when you visited ITaly. I'm not sure it was this trip or another. Hope the week is going well. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

A great look back! Love the postcard and the pattisery cream looks very good. Hugs and to a great day.