Tuesday 1 August 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 1 August 2023 - T for Theatre Art, red wine and chicken wire

 Hello lovely ladies,

How are you all? Ready to join the T-Party? You'll need an image of or a reference to a drink. Then go to Elizabeth and Bluebeard. I'll see you there!

Before I show my drink(s), I want to show you a postcard I received a while ago. It shows an actor and it is advertising an arts festival. 

The translation reads: Belgazprombank presents The International Forum of Theatre Arts. The language is Belarussian because this card comes from Belarus (White Russia of old). Below you can see it on the map.

It borders the Ukraine in the south, the Baltic states in the north, Poland to the west and Russia in the east. The capitol is Minsk and that is where the sender of this card lives. His name is Ivan and he is a student.

The back of the card has the same image as the front, only smaller. There are some fun stamps.


You will recognize a carrot and a cucumber (below)


A potato and a Raccoon dog (Nyctereutes procyonoid).



Then a State coats of arms of the Republic of Belarus, and an onion .

My friend Isa makes her own rye bread. She gave me a loaf to try. I might have mentioned this before, but she is going to teach me to do this. I'm looking forward to this as the loaf that she gave me is long gone. 




I have been eating well. And I usually have a glass of white wine with my meal. But on this occasion I had red. 

I had cooked fillet of pork and I fancied some red wine.

My friends Kim and Andy are regular visitors. Here they took a picture of me with my new haircut.


My chickens are still causing me problems. The have lots of naked patches and it looks like they are pecking each other. I have tried everything: flee powder, parasite medicine, anti-cannibalism spray, Vinegar in their drinking water. Nothing helps. Two of them look really worse for wear. The people that have been advising me told me the last resort was to separate them. So my friend David helped me section off a part of the pen (which is pretty big). 

Some chicken wire went over that and now they are two by two. Two in the big pen and two in the smaller pen. I must say, they are escape artists. When I went in to change the water and collect the eggs, they both escaped from the smaller pen! So I had to catch them again. 

Meanwhile, our cat, Scallywag, Sits on top of the cupboard, just under the ceiling, and watches. I'm sure inside she is smiling watching me catch the chickens.


I really haven't got more to show you. Lots of photos of nice food that I cooked, but you probably have had enough of that.

You all probably know that I like tortoises and turtles. I just want to show you a photo I found on the internet of the variety of tortoise shells. Aren't they beautiful?


Talking of beauty in nature:

 
    
I think this is a moth but I don't know which one. Scary Owl Moth? I found it in my collection of beautiful photos.

Happy T-Day all!
Hugz,
Lisca


13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

The actor on your postcard is kind of scary looking in that photo-he is so serious, but those veggie stamps are adorable. And I like your haircut. I don't know about keeping chickens, but I wonder what is going on. But I must say those tortoise and turtle shells are amazing. Lately I've rescued 2 turtles crossing the road. I hope you have a great T day, and a great start to August too. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Nice haircut!

Belarus, the subject of your postcard, is very much in the news because of its rather despicable role in the Ukraine war these days, and because its ruler is such a fascist despot, and very brutal to his opponents. That war is such a danger to international harmony!

I hope your chickens behave better soon.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Those are really fun stamps! Love the spider on the onion
Scallywag is really cute - hope your chicken get better...
Have a nice T-Day, hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool postcard and stamps plus a little geography lesson which I need more of! Your haircut is great. Love seeing your smiling face, the bread and the food - you can always post as much food and drink as you have pictures of - I will not get tired of it! Lovely shells and moth - nature is so amazing. Chickens are hard. We have tried twice with them and always something happened (foxes, dogs or each other). Happy T-day, Lisca.

Valerie-Jael said...

Just a short, generic comment today, as I am not up to much just now.. I am not feeling goodx at all. Happy T Day and have a great week, hugs!

DVArtist said...

I love this card. It's very dynamic. Ohhh I would love to make rye bread. Can't wait to see how yours turns out. Have a wonderful day today.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the haircut. Nice!

Keeping chickens sounds like an adventure lol

Happy T Tuesday

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Two years ago, I wouldn't have known where Belarus was. With the war in Ukraine, I know more about that area of the world than I know about the provinces in Canada. Not a good place for people who love freedom.

LOVE those postage stamps on the postcard. Veggies that made me laugh.

I like your hair cut. I need one because I can't stand hair on my neck.

Sorry to read about the chickens. The really ARE escape artists. You may have to build a cage that they can't escape from.

Wow, I had NO idea there were so many types of turtles and tortoises. Nice mosaic.

You are eating very well. I need to eat better, but right now, fruits and veggies are at a premium due to the drought. At least eggs are cheaper here, so I will probably buy a dozen of those when I go grocery shopping soon.

If I drank wine, it would be a luxury here, too. I couldn't believe the cost of a bottle of wine. Thanks for sharing your postcard, your turtles, your pesky chickens, and your food and wine with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

BTW, do you know anything about those postage stamps Caty used on her package?

Kate Yetter said...

I have never seen an owl moth but that is lovely!! How fun that it looks exactly like an owl. We like turtles as well. We found one on our street a while back and my son wanted to bring it home. Their shells really are interesting.
Your food looks yummy and that is great to hear that you don't mind cooking just for yourself.
Happy Tea Day, Lisca.
Kate

Amila said...

The actor on your postcard has quite an intense and serious look in that photo. Glad to see stamps too. Those veggie stamps are absolutely adorable and add a lovely touch to the postcard. Oh, and I must say, I really like your haircut! The owl moth you shared is simply enchanting! It's fascinating how it resembles an actual owl so closely.
Thank you for sharing these fantastic details and photos.
Have a wonderful day filled with more interesting discoveries and moments of joy!
Happy T day too!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your haircut looks very cute and cool for the hot weather. I can just imagine you chasing the chickens. I think I'd be like your beautiful Scallywag and giggle. Who knew there were so many varieties of turtle shells. Beautiful. Happy T Day

Sharon Madson said...

So much to comment on, LIsca, I hope I remember it all. I really enjoyed the story about your chickens. I wonder how that is going now. That kitty is really enjoying it all. smile. The postcard and stamps from Belarus were interesting. What is the deal with vegetable stamps? My husband loves rye bread, and it is more difficult to get it now. Like, don't they make it anymore? Even the sandwich place we used to love that specialized in rye bread sandwiches, no longer serves any rye bread! However, I will not be baking it! Good luck with your baking. Happy t day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

He could teach Paddington a thing or two about 'hard stares'! Love the stamps. Loving the hair cut! Sorry to read about the chickens, separating them is the best thing to do for now. When they are both recovered try them together again - I remember my parents doing that. Love that owl moth! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx ps second attempt!