Friday 25 August 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 25 August - Friday Smiles

 

Hello lovely girls, and hello Friday! Gosh that week went by so fast!
On Friday we share our smiles and silver linings. Please join me in linking with Annie at A Stitch In Time.  Again I have so much to smile about. Life is good at the moment. 
I have been with friends a lot and I have also spent some money on the last of my "If-I-ever-come-into-some-money" wishes. I had a modest little list of things I would like if I had the money. One was a new sofa and the other was a big TV.  The third one I will tell you about in a minute. Because after hubby died I got an unexpected pension lump sum, so slowly these wishes are becoming reality.

Let talk about my postcard:


It comes from Taiwan.  It's obviously a buddha, but I have not been able to find out which one. There is no info on the back. The position of the hands didn't give me a clue either. I thought it might be a drawing of an existing buddha statue (But I've not found it).

The stamp features a strange looking object:


I found out the object is made of jade and there are more stamps in this series:



They are stamps from 2019 showing Jade Artifacts.

Now I'll tell you what I spent my money on: a pellet burner/stove! No  more almond shells. I now have a stove that I can regulate and turn on and off and it doesn't smoke.
I bought it on Tuesday and they delivered it yesterday ( Thursday).

They came at 7:30 in the morning! (Yes, I was warned).
This is what it looks like:

They needed to make a hole in the wall for the exhaust pipe to go through. I won't call it a chimney as it doesn't create a lot of smoke.

A discreet little hole just behind the stove.

Here it is in place:

I'll be warm as toast this winter!

I have Hello Fresh every other week, and yesterday I had this delicious meal:
It was fried halloumi cheese (Which they call Cypriot cheese) on a bed of oven baked chick peas and carrots and baby leaf spinach. The dish had peanut sauce drizzled over it. It was really yummy. The meals are for two people. What you see on my plate is only one portion. And as I didn't know whether i can freeze the Halloumi, I'm having the other half tonight.

Another smile is my friend Andy. He's been having some health issues lately, but the result of the scan was such that he has nothing to worry about, which is the best news I have had in a long time.

That is all from me today. Of course I will leave you with some funnies at the end. 

But for now, I say 'Goodbye', and 

Keep smiling!

Hugs,
Lisca





























7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a lovely postcard, Lisca. I had NO idea there were so many different Buddhas. I really enjoyed the postage stamps.

Bet you will like that new stove much better and no more going to the plant where you had to buy the almond shells and fill all the bags.

I had to laugh at the squirrel, because that same squirrel ate through my internet and phone line and I didn't even have a baffle!

Loved the short cut truck and the guy with the extra book. Thanks for these funnies, dear. Enjoy your weekend and Friday, too.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Always love to see your postcards and stamps and these are lovely. The new stove looks brilliant bet you're loving it. Great collection of funnies too. I wouldn't put anything past squirrels! Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Annie said...

I'm dropping by quickly this week before we head off to a lovely campsite near Monmouth.
It's so good to see you're not keeping the money for a rainy day...at our time of lives we don't know how many of those we will get. I hope you will be warm and cosy through the winter now.
I hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Congrats on the oven!
Looks cozy and sure better than the programmed system I have no idea of here...
Really, you take Hello Fresh? I only see it on TV...
Looks and sounds yummy. And reminds me I have tofu and no idea yet whst to do with it!
To health...
And to funnies. Oh the mouse!!!
Yes. Peanut (our Squirrel) banged the bird-feeder.

Guess what happens if Ingo EVER asks me to peel half.... LOL.

To smiles and happiness. Hugs.

mamapez5 said...

Oh. You will be toasty this winter with that new pellet burner. A great investment I am sure.
That us an impressive Buddha on your card. We saw a lot of different ones when we were touring S.E.Asia, but they are not really my thing.
I am glad Andy's health tests gave them the all clear. It is worrying waiting for results.
You made me smile with some of your funnies again. Kate xx

My name is Erika. said...

Nice new heater Lisca. It's hard to think of winter heating at this time of year, but realistically, we all know it will be coming at some point. have a great weekend! hugs-Erika

LA Paylor said...

well, that would be my husband....grrr..... but what funny cartoons, and good for you to get heat! A necessary "splurge" That cheese was just shown in a cooking magazine I saw, did it taste good??
LeeAnna