Friday 4 August 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 4 August 2023 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely ladies,

Today is all about smiles. I have had many and I will tell you about them in a minute, but first I'd like to share a postcard with you:

It is an unusual image of Berlin. I have seen many postcards of Berlin, but never this view and never at night.  I like it a lot.

On the back I read that the river is called the Spree. Did you know that? (I didn't) It's a typical quiz question. 

I was watching a quiz on tv yesterday and it was one of the questions. I had already selected this card and was shouting the answer from my settee!

The card was sent to me by Melanie, who is a great football fan (socker).

Factoid: According to Postcrossing, this card has traveled 1739 km. 

The stamp celebrates Postcrossing:
Read about Postcrossing here, and here.

I've had a really lovely week, but don't seem to have taken any photos. I went out for a drink on Saturday night with my friends, Had a lovely time (no photos).

On Sunday a Spanish friend and her husband came to drive me to my plot of land to do some watering. I have many fruit trees and I would hate to lose them, but I can't drive my husband's 4x4 with all the gears. Even if I could find the reverse gear, i would have to reverse it through a very narrow lane behind my house. Walls on both sides, very claustrophobic. 
One of my trees. A cherry if I'm not mistaken. Not looking too bad. But a small fig tree (they grow very slowly) is looking decidedly dry:



In the early hours of Monday morning I got woken up in the middle of the night. There was an apparent break-in in one if my neighbour's house. It all got sorted in the end but I did have a disturbed night.

I also went to Pilates on Monday morning (A bit bleary eyed).

On Tuesday morning I went to the fish monger to buy some clams and I walked back through the market. I saw a pair of elegant pants, which just cried out to be bought:
When worn it looks like a long skirt. Very elegant.

Notice the fun hooks? I bought those at Ikea.
I also have hooks that look like a chair:
I have two and I hang handbags on them.


My friends Kim and Andy come on Tuesdays and this time I made pasta alle vongole (pasta with clams). Again, no photos. Sorry.

One of  my neighbours had said I could pump water from one of his reservoirs into my irrigation tanks. So Andy, bless him,  drove me to my plot again. But we couldn't find the reservoir in question. We did water a bit with the water that was left in the tanks. 

On Wednesday evening I did a charity walk. It was well attended. I think well over a hundred people joined. There was a long (sort of) queue for the registration:
I'm wearing a pale pink top.

My Danish friend and neighbour was there too.
We left at 10 pm and got back at midnight. It was fun, although we were disappointed that it was an urban walk and not in the campo.We were given head lights but we have hardly used them.
But, it was fun.

Thursday I had a lie-in as I was tired and took it easy all day. The temperatures are still in the high thirties, so I stayed home with the fans on.

That was my week. I hope you too have had plenty to smile about. If you have, join us at Annie's A Stitch In Time. 

Haver a great weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca


'Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere'












This last one is me!












6 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

There is a "Die Ärzte" (The Doctors) song where river Spree is mentioned.
I personally don´t like Berlin, too hectic. We went to InnoTrans (Innovation Transport) last year by car - bad idea.
Fun you "won" the quiz due to the card, yippeee :-)
Soccer... The men in my team were sad the German soccer women team has to go home now.

Nice your friends helped out. Here it´s the other way round. If automatic car I have to put my left foot behind the seat... other I might break very hard trying to change gears ;-)
Hmmm, figs! Maybe my friend Sami (Perth) has some when we visit.
Strange you can grow them - you are not that far apart from us!

Very beautiful trousers! HA! We have that cat-hook, too (somewhere, just where???)

Charity walk sounds great.
To smiles!!! Great how you manage, you have my biggest respect. Just saying.

Yes to the rocking chair. Outch on the wrapper... LOL on Pooh. Yes. To respect. I learned, my Nieces do not. I go with Tiffany (and you), also.
Have a great Friday! Hugs

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is a great stamp you have this week, love it. You're lucky to have such great friends. Loving the new trousers and the sweet little hook too. I do hope your trees survive, no problem with water here now as it's been pouring it down which usually happens when the children break up for the summer. Now the funny about the books is making me think that I really do need another clear out! Have agood weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is a beautiful postcard. That tall tower reminds me of the one Valerie often shows when she goes to Dusseldorf. I also often yell at the tv when I'm watching Jeopardy and I know the answer. How does Postcrossing know how far the postcard has traveled? That is very specific.

Looks like your plot has a lot of weeds. I would not want to have to weed, especially with it so hot. Speaking of hot, your high 30s are downright chilly. For two days in a row, it has been 107 F (41.7 C) here. Nights are not much cooler, either. THEN add the heat index and like I said, your temps are downright chilly (grin).

Nice charity walk, Lisca. Glad you and your friend did that.

Wow, I can see how those pants would look like a skirt. They are really very bold. So glad you like them. Sadly, I'm too short and could never pull that bold pattern off.

Cute funnies. My favorite was the guy who was fired on his first day. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, too, dear.



My name is Erika. said...

Nie week Lisca. I love those pants. I have one of those dog tail hooks from IKEA. I haven't seen the chair, but it is lots of fun too. And you did have a good week. I love the idea of a night walk, especially when it's hot. Have a great weekend and I'll "see" you Tuesday for T. hugs-Erika

Annie said...

We have several of the doggy hooks....one with Milly's leads on of course lol. I always think it's a good sign that you don't have photos to share because you've been having too much fun....keep it up.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I love the new pants and the IKEA hooks. You have spent busy times with your friends this week. I am glad your little cherry tree is surviving. Kate x