Friday 3 November 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 3 November 2023 - Friday Smiles



 Hello lovely girls,

I'm traveling today and I'm writing this on Thursday evening. I will have to get up early tomorrow as I leave at 6 in the morning. So I'll keep this short.

I'm staying at my cousin Margit's. She also does Postcrossing, so I asked her for her favorite postcard. She gave me this:

It comes from the USA. Alaska to be precise. I really like it. This is the info on the back of the card:


But the best part is the envelope:

Beautiful stamps about National Parks 
The place it was posted is called North Pole. It is a real place, with a post office. The lady that sent it (called Antoinette) lives not far from it. Her son lives in North Pole and he posts the postcards.

From bottom left the National Parks featured are: Carlsbad Caverns, Grand Canyon, Haleakalá, Everglades, Yellowstone. 

What is happening with me? My cousin Bert and his son (and wife) came to help me clear my mum's apartment. Here we are enjoying some pasta:



Then yesterday we had the handover to the new tenants. After the official bit with the inspector, we opened a bottle of bubbly.

This is what the hallway looked like when Margit came to collect me:

We managed to get everything in her little car and last night I slept at her house.  A lot of the stuff was groceries and bedding, but I will be traveling with the large black suitcase to check in and a little yellow case plus rucksack to carry on board the flight.

Today has been a day of awful storms (force 8) with lots of damage done and flights canceled.  Margit and I were in town and I took this picture out of the window of a coffee shop (through the window). It was really awful weather.


I hope it's a bit better tomorrow. 
I will go to bed now as I have to get up early. A friend from church is picking me up at 6:30 in the morning to take me to the airport.

This blog is about smiles. Well, my biggest smile is that I'm so glad to be going back to Spain.

I've got a few funnies (not many this time, sorry) that I will put at the end as per usual.
I don't think I will have time to do many visits and comments this weekend as I'm going to a Christian Women's Conference, but I'll try.

Wishing you all lovely weekend,

Hugs,

Lisca
































7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That is a very cool poscat card Lisca. I really like it too. And I have a set of those stamps. Aren't they gorgeous? And I heard about this storm on the news tonight. They say it is causing planes flying through it (from the US to Europe) to cut 2 hours off their flight. That's crazy. I hope you get home and have a nice flight. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Loved the postcard, Lisca. Have a great flight home. Your weather is worse than mine. I hope it clears so you can get home with no problems. Have a super weekend and new week.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the postcard and of course the stamps. Pleased you've got everything sorted, it's always a hard job clearing someone,s home but looks like you've had good helpers. Hope that weather doesn't move over to us. Safe journey home. I have to walk the dogs now so I'll pop back later to read the funnies. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

That is a great postcard and I love all the beautiful stamps. I saw the Christmas stamps released in UK this week and they are lovely Nativity scenes so I hope someone sends me a card with one on.
This is not the weather for flying but hopefully you will avoid the worst of the wind. Some of my quite local friends have had lots of damage from the latest storms, more wind than flooding, but so far we have escaped the worst of it.
I hope the Conference is interesting and useful to you.
Kate x

Annie said...

I hope you have a safe flight home. I was thrilled to see you were all sorted with your Mum's place....not an easy task so well done.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Nice postcard and yay for giving the apartment over to the new tenant! Hope you had/have a safe flight. LOL the last one really is too fun & cute!
Have a great day, hugs

LA Paylor said...

so you sold your mom's apt? back to Spain, it must be lovely where you live for you to return after being "home"
LeeAnna