Tuesday 3 October 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 3 October 2023 - T for

 



Hello lovely girls, here we are again on Tuesday. I’m on my travels again and at the moment of writing (Monday) I’m still in Windsor where I spent the weekend. 
At lunchtime I’ll catch a train to Taunton in Devon and from there a taxi to the north coast. 
Let me show you my postcard. It’s not a Postcrossing card but a card from my friend Maggie. She travels a lot and knows I love postcards. 
It’s featuring 
Truro Cathedral, the nave looking towards the choir and high alter. Truro is in Cornwall, the most westerly county of England. 



The Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Church of England cathedral in the city of Truro, Cornwall. It was built between 1880 and 1910 to a Gothic Revival design by John Loughborough Pearson on the site of the parish church of St Mary. It is one of only three cathedrals in the United Kingdom featuring three spires.


The stamps are colourful.


The Royal Standard of Scotland, also known as the Banner of the King of Scots, or more commonly the Lion Rampant of Scotlandis the Scottish Royal Banner of Arms. Used historically by the King of Scots, the Royal Standard of Scotland differs from Scotland's national flag, the Saltire, in that its correct use is restricted by an Act of the Parliament of Scotland to only a few Great Officers of State who officially represent the Sovereign in ScotlandIt is also used in an official capacity at royal residences in Scotland when the Sovereign is not present.


Ok what have I been up to?


Well, at the moment I’m in Windsor, England, staying at my son’s (Rich) and his family. 
I really needed some rest and lots of hugs ( which I got).

This is what Filipa gave me:



Isn’t that sweet! 
They really pampered me and smothered me with love. One of the boys gave up his room and let me sleep in his room.
One of the treats was a visit to the nail salon! Every woman loves that. It was a smal salon in old Windsor:


This is the street:


And this was further in the same street :
I enjoyed having my nails done. It’s not something I regularly do.



The salon is run by this Vietnamese couple. They must have had 20 other boys and girls working for them. It was very busy.
Another thing they treated me to was an English Afternoon Tea at a posh establishment in Windsor (opposite the castle).



 
We had champagne with it ( as well as tea). So this will be my ticket to the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard.

It was quite an experience. The food was lovely. Mainly sweet treats, not much savoury, but very delicious.
The decor of the place was quite something:
Lots of mirrors and red wall paper. This was the ladies’ toilet:


On Sunday we drove to London and visited the Tate Modern. I’ll write about that on Friday as this is getting rather long. 

Time to say goodbye.
Happy T-Day all,
Hugs,
Lisca

8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad your family is pampering you so nicely. That tea house is quite fancy, isn't it? But I bet it was fun. And I don't get my nails done, but I do like to occasionally have my toenails done in the summer. And it makes my feet look so nice. I bet your hands look great. Have a super T day Lisca and the next week of your trip. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Our Henry gives a lille "roar"-hello to his Cousin.
Beauti- and thoughtful pressie from your Filipa.
And such fun and yummy times.
Fun to see I am not the only one taking pics of beautiful public toilets!
Happy T-Day and hugs - to fun and love.

nwilliams6 said...

You so deserve pampering and hugz. So glad they are making you feel special and loved. What a lovely place to visit (especially the tea house) and I enjoyed all your pictures. You look well and happy. Happy t-day and hugz

DVArtist said...

Nothing like getting pampered. I left a note on Elizabeth's comments saying I could not get to your blog. I kept getting a not safe blog with 3 different browsers. It must be the link at Elizabeth's because I hit the link I have on my sidebar and you came up with no problems. Anyway, love the post and have a great day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow. What a great way to start your trip. Lots of hugs and love and lots of pampering. Contrary to belief, not all women like manicures. I have never had one in my life. I take care of my own nails!!

LOVE that postcard. English churches are SO different from ours in the states. And the stamps are fun, too. Looks like we'll have the queen on the stamps for awhile. I'm sure the PO isn't going to destroy any stamps!

What a fun and beautiful high tea. The sandwiches caught my eye. I'm for savory over sweet most of the time. Your champagne was perfect with your son and his wife. Thanks for sharing this first leg of your trip and your tea/champagne with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Lisca, how fun you are in Windsor, I lived there for a while, and really enjoyed the town. It was a lovely place to wander around. That afternoon tea looks delicious and the tea room looks fab. Hope you are well, Happy T Day! Elle xx

Mae Travels said...

I hope you have a fabulous visit with your family! Somehow in my entire life I have never managed to have a professional manicure. Glad you enjoyed yours.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

How nice to spend time with your son and daughter-in-law. So sweet that one of the grandsons gave up his room. The tea looks fabulous so pretty and champagne really elevates the celebration. Happy T Day