Friday 29 September 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 29 September 2023 - Friday Smiles

 

Hello lovely girls, How are you all? I am traveling again. I'm writing this on Thursday, sat at the airport Costa coffee place with a large mocha in front of me and also a two hour wait until my flight to from Malaga to Gatwick.

I have a postcard to show you which arrived the other day. It comes to me from Austria:


It is full of red and white stamps! Quite fun. And very clever if you know that the Austrian flag is red-white-red. I can't magnify it any more than this but the stamps are quite interesting.

The stamps on the card itself are also very nice.


The one on the left is promoting philately (stamp collecting). The text reads:" The right place for your stamps". The stamp on the right is a wild cat.

What have I been up to? I have had visitors who left on Tuesday, after that I had time to rest and get myself organised. My friend Isa gave me her delicious homemade rye bread.

I had some for lunch on Wednesday and put the rest in the freezer. (and I made a sandwich to eat at the airport).
My dinner on Wednesday were a bag of Padrón peppers that I had and the eggs that I fried with them. Very nice indeed. Here a photo before the eggs went in:


Then I watched a program on BBC called Celebrity Race Across The World. I had seen the first episode and I wanted to see the second. I won't be able to see any others until I get back but I can watch them on 'Catch-up' later.

Also on Wednesday I went to Baza bus station to buy my ticket to the airport as I didn't know what time the ticket office opens. There is a bus from Granada straight to the airport and from Baza to Granada is not far.  I just like to have my ticket in my pocket:
There is a Picasso-ish artwork in the bus station. I don't know if it is real....

That is all from me today. I don't mind the wait at the airport. I like to people watch and I have a good book. Graham Masterton Broken Angels. A female chief detective in Ireland investigates the gruesome murders of priests.

Of course I will put some funnies at the end and I will try to link this tomorrow to Annie's A Stitch In Time if i can. (I do hope your shingles is feeling better, Annie).

Have a lovely weekend all,
Hugs,
Lisca

















(Look at the price)








8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cool postcard. I like how they used stamps to make the flag. And your bread looks delicious too. Have a great trip, and enjoy your book. hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the postcard, I've done something like that myself with Christmas stamps just haven't the heart to throw them all away so I keep them and use them for collage. Pleased you're having a good time way. happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

So you are off on your travels again Lisca and it looks as though it is to UK this time. Have a lovely time anyway.
The postcard is interesting. There are plenty of stamps there for you to investigate.
We decided against watching Race across the world this time. Chris read somewhere that a lot of it is fake.
I need some new books on my Kindle so I will look out for your one. I usually enjoy stories set in Ireland.
Kate x

Annie said...

Happy safe travels my friend. I love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

To travels!!! Have fun! (great postcard indeed).
Oh, poor Otis!!!
LOL, I would leave that price-tag on for sure!
Have a great holiday, hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am a HUGE fan of postage stamps and use them in my art a LOT. I see there are stamps from the states as well as other countries. This is a great postcard.

Your bread looks great. I am sure you will enjoy your time in England.

Enjoyed the funnies, but didn't get the one with the old lady looking back.

Failed to Publish. I'll try again soon.


kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, Loving your postcard and it's stamp. Hope you have a great trip-I would do the same-get my ticket ahead of time Sounds like you found a good book to read for the wait-

DVArtist said...

Very nice post card with all the stamps. It is so interesting to me to see other places, like buying a ticket with a Picaso painting. Nice funnies too. Have a great weekend.