Tuesday 26 September 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 26 September 2023 - T for

Hello lovely girls,

How are you all? I'm still feeling a bit fragile and sad after the death of my mum, but I have friends staying with me and they pamper me with nice meals out and I'm looking forward to going to the UK on my retreat this Thursday and also seeing the children and grandchildren. Lots of nice things to look forward to.

I have a very special postcard to show you:



It's a typical traditional Russian window with the setting sun reflecting in it. But the special thing about this card is that it comes from Kazakhstan. I think it must be the first postcard I have ever received from that country. 


Looking at the map it is a huge country. Look at  Wikipedia or this BBC site if you want to know more.

The stamps are interesting. Of course I had never seen them and it is difficult to get information. 



But with the help of Google Translate I was able to understand that the subject of this stamp is a great Kazakh writer, society figure and learned scientist, who lived from 1897 to 1961.

His name is Mukhtar Auezov (But that was not on the stamp, I had to Google it.) I found some info about him.

The insect on one of the other stamps is Damalacantha Vacca, (according to Wikipedia): A large wingless grasshopper with a massive, stocky body. The color is yellowish with a dirty brown and dark pattern on the pronotum and abdomen. The body length of males is 28-30 mm, females 35-40 mm. The elytra are underdeveloped and there are no wings. The antennae are attached below eye level. On the fore tibia there are slit-like openings of the tympanic auditory organ. Distributed in the desert zone of Kazakhstan . Inhabits rocky-saline areas of deserts with rare saltworts.
 It feeds on saltworts . Moves slowly, runs on the ground. During the breeding season, representatives of the species, especially males, chirp loudly. The eggs are laid by the female in the soil. In case of danger, it takes a threatening pose, tilts its head to the ground and raises its abdomen.

The stamp with the gazelle on it is the goitered gazelle or black-tailed gazelle is a gazelle native to Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Iran, parts of Iraq and Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and in northwestern China and Mongolia. Wikipedia 


So what has been happening with me here in Spain? I had my friend staying with me until Friday (The friend with the campervan who drove me from the Netherlands to Spain). She very much wanted to swim as the weather was still really good. We went to the reservoir lake nearby. The water was really low but she could swim:

We went out for a meal a few times, and I have photos of drinks so I can join the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
Here I'm having a beer (for a change).

Then on Saturday my friends from Brazil came to stay with me. They own the property with the swimming pool that we sometimes use and they had some legal and admin business to do here. They are great company:

We organized a BBQ party at the pool with my friends and neighbors.
T helped me prepare some dishes:

And this was the result:

Everybody had brought things and the table was full of yummy food:

Needless to say, we had a really lovely time.

That's all from me today, apart from this beautiful sunset from my window the other day:



Happy T-Day everyone!

Hugs,

Lisca

PS: I apologise that I have not been commenting (and sometimes not visiting) lately. Please forgive me. I hope I have more time next week when I'm on holiday.





















 





13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like you have plenty of people to help support you, which is a gift and a blessing.. Have a safe and wonderful trip to England to visit family,. And of course, have a happy T day too. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy being with your friends. Happy T Day, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Good to see you among friends who support you in your mourning time. I hope your retreat will also bring you peace of mind.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Fun-yum-times again! Happy T-Day! Hugs

Kate Yetter said...

The BBQ feast looks delicious! That is great that you have had time with friends during this difficult season.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Lisca, I know how you feel, it's so hard to come to terms with losing someone who has been there your entire life. Hope everything goes well with your trip to the UK to visit family, have a lovely time. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am sorry you are still having trouble coming to terms with your mother's death. At least you have lots and lots of friends to ease the pain. I am sure you will also feel better when you get to England and have a chance to spend time with family.

WOW, those prawns were huge. And you have lots of food and drinks between your meals out and the bbq. Thanks for sharing your postcard, your various meals and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Cloudia said...

This is a beautiful blog post. God bless you my friend. Aloha!

CJ Kennedy said...

No need to apologize while you go through the grieving process. Everyone goes through it differently. Take the time that you need, however long that may be. My friend, Teague would love to swim in that lake. I just like to wade and paddle. The gathering with all your friends sounds like a splendid time and the food looks amazing. Happy T Day

CJ Kennedy said...

PS: That sunset is amazing!

nwilliams6 said...

Lisca, you have been through a lot so don't worry about visiting when you are busy or down. Giant hugs and happy T-day.

Very interesting post card and stamps. I admit to not knowing about that country so thank you for sharing. All the food you shared looks wonderful - wow. YUM. So glad friends are surrounding you. Looks like some beautiful weather/skies too.

DVArtist said...

No apology necessary. You have had a tough few years and it takes time to heal the heart. I am so glad you have so many friends that will stay with you. T is just gorgeous. I love the card too. I thought is was a Halloween card. LOL All the food looks fabulous. I would like to try a beer in Spain. Take it easy and get some rest. Hugs N

Spyder said...

oh my goodness all that food...now I'm hungery but its too late to atrt eatting! 2 o'clock in the morning! A that creature!! it looks like some thing you'd find on another planet! happy late T day...oops I don't think it will let me comment... ((Lyn))