Thursday 2 June 2022

Second on the 2nd - Thursday 2 June 2022 - My mother's birthday from 2014

 Hello lovely ladies,

Elizabeth and Bluebeard are inviting us to share a blogpost from the past on 'Second on the 2nd'. Here is a post from 21 June 2014. As it is my mum's birthday in three days time, I love to remember this birthday from 2014.

It is such a privilege to still have my mother. She lives independently and my sister is going to visit her this year. (I have a poorly husband so I'd rather not travel). Mum doesn't have a smart phone, only a landline as she is practically blind. So when my sister is visiting, i shall look forward to video calls with mum (and her). 

I hope you enjoy this old blogpost:

Hello everyone,

I've not blogged for a while because I've been away. One of the things I've been busy with was my mother's 90th birthday party. 

We asked mum where did she want to celebrate her birthday: in Holland (where she lives) or in England (where my sister lives) or in Spain (where I live). She answered that she didn't want to celebrate it at all. No mother, that is not an option! we said. 

My sister has a holiday home in Marbella Spain, so we all got together there for a little private celebration.

Marbella is very beautiful. The banana trees were flowering. Stunning!


This is a bench in the park made of ceramic tiles. Isn't it pretty?



Then mum (and my cousin) came back with us to our house (also in Spain but 270 km away) and we spent another week together. What a privilege to have  my mum with us.


We had another paella party in her honor.


And did fun things like going to the market and going for a horse and carriage ride through town.


Here is my mum with the handsome driver. 

We saw lots of nice cave houses, which are a bit of a tourist attraction in our area.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping to read this and thank you for any kind comment you might want to leave. I love it when people comment.

God bless and.... keep scrapping!

Lisca

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it is a privilege to still have your mom. I miss mine everyday. This is a beautiful post. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your mother. That bend is beautiful and would make a lovely addition to my Zensical garden. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to still have your Mum, and that she was a good mother to you. I hope you will enjoy this birthday, too, even though you can't travel because of your hubby. I hope he is doing well. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early birthday to you Mom Lisca. It is wonderful you have your Mom. Is she going to be 98? I am impressed. My mom is 92, and I am glad she is still in my life too. I hope you get lots of "facetime" with your mom when your sister is there. Happy JUne. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure what happened to my original comment, but it is not here now. I'll try to remember what I wrote before.

    So glad you brought back this post about your mother's 90th birthday. I hope I look that good when I am her age. That was taken before your sister was married, wasn't it? She has a lovely vacation place in Spain.

    Thanks for sharing this look back at your mother's 90th as your second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete