Friday 24 June 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 24 June 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, how are you all?

Today we are counting our blessings and remember the smiles of the week.

A postcard in my mailbox always makes me smile and I have a sweet little card for you today:

It comes to me from Germany. From Astrid who lives in Trier. She tells me that Trier in Germany's oldest town as it dates back to Roman times.
Viel Glück means literally much luck.(We would say: Good Luck!)

The stamp is spectacular:



A brand new David Bowie stamp! What's not to like!
There is not much to report from the K household. We are getting as much bio fuel as we can get as prices will go through the roof this winter, so we've made another trip to Zujar to get a trailer load of almond shells, which we burn in our stove.

First we have to weigh car plus trailer on the weigh bridge:
Then we follow the man into the huge warehouse where almond shells are piled up to the ceiling:

The guys fill the sacks:

The other guy sews them closed with a hand sewing device:

They get loaded onto the trailer:

I think we got 10 sacks. We paid 14 cents per kilo as we had the extra fine, which are the most expensive ones. One sack will last us two days of heating, and it will have cost us 4,50 Eur for one sack. I don't know how that compares with other means of heating. I know that wood is dearer. When we lived upstairs, we used the woodburner and that worked out more. 

I'm keeping this short as we are having visitors from the UK. I will show photos next time. 

Now it's time to join Annie at A Stitch In Time and the other smiling ladies.

Before I go of course there are some funnies. I apologise if there are some you have seen before. I am doing this in a hurry.

Have a great weekend,
and remember:
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca



























5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed the postcard. I bet you were over the moon, since the turtle is as important to you as the Rocking Horse is to me. It is so adorable, too. And a David Bowie stamp!!!

I find it fascinating when you pick up your almond shells. I enjoyed seeing the way these were handled. Before, you bagged your own, didn't you? Or am I dreaming? Regardless, I enjoyed seeing the process. Have fun with your company from the UK!

Your last three funnies were the best. I want that Botox, too!! I laughed hard at the Coke and the 1972 hit home hard. 1918 was when we had the flu epidemic that swept around the world. Have a super weekend, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, prices are rising with everything like crazy - sadly salary does not.
Yay to visitors, have fun!

Love the first mindful thing. And the second I would need, LOL!

Annie said...

Oh Lisca your funnies have really had me chuckling here today esp the one with the eyebrows drawn on the dog....don't you just love children?
Hugs,
Annie x

DVArtist said...

Very cute post card. Our heating is electric and the prices goes up with the cost of gas and other things. It is our summer now so we keep the heat off. Have a nice time with your fiends.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, sorry I'm late this week just been a bit occupied since Friday morning and kept meaning to pop back but well....you know how it is. I am so loving the tortoise on his journey and the stamps are brilliant. That's interesting, I've never heard of burning almond shells but they look as though they have plenty of them. The little deer that you saw over at mine is a Muntjak and not native to the UK, someone brought them over from another country some years ago and wherever they were a few got lose and now they can be found all over the place but I suspect they lime Lincolnshire as there is still plenty of wooded areas and open land too. Loving your funnies, it's always good to finish with a laugh. Take care and have alovely day. Hugs, Angela xXx