Friday 21 June 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 21 June 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely peeps. 

I'm still on my travels and have run out of postcards to show you. Luckily I had this postcard image on my computer. It's a card I have sent to somebody so I'm not showing you a stamp

The card shows the eight provinces of Andalucia, which is an independent region with its own government. Every province is named for its capital city. I live in Granada province, but not in Granada city. Apart from Huelva and Cádiz, I have visited every province and every capital.

I'm still in Italy having a lovely time catching up with old friends. I plan to leave aerly on Sunday morning on the night train to Milan but I haven't been able to book my couchette online. It doesn't seem to work. Very frustrating. Most trains are reservation only. We'll see (But I'm not a 'happy bunny' at the mo).


I went to visit my old friend Carmelina the other day. She cooked lunch for me:
Pasta with home-made sauce. In Italy, the pasta dish is the first course. After that comes the meat (or cheese) and a side dish. In this case I didn't photograph the meat but I do want to show you the vegetable dish of aubergines (egg plant) with tomatoes and cheese in the oven:
In the afternoon we met up with another friend and we drove to the coast, to a place called San Vito.
That piece of coast is famous for its 'trabocchi', those fishing huts on stilts.

Wikipedia says: The Trabocchi Coast, which corresponds to the coastal stretch Adriatic of province of Chieti (Abruzzo), is a 70-kilometer coast from Ortona to San Salvo, in Italy. It comprises a number of coves and reefs below the hills that end at the Adriatic Sea marked by the spread of Trabucco – fishing machines on piles. Many of the towns on the Coast maintain their own characteristics and traditions.
In this area they are found all along the coastline.

This one is also in San Vito (photo from the Internet):

My son goes to work at 2 and comes home at 11 pm this week, so yesterday my DIL and I went for a walk and a drink in the main plaza of the town (Guardiagrele):
We had a drink, and surprisingly, we got tapas with our drinks!
I took another photo of the building opposite:
Not a very good photo. There is a large church on the left so I had to take the picture from an angle.

Here is a photo from the Internet. We were sat where the orange sunshades are, left of the church:

I hope you have all had a lot to smile about. I certainly had. As per usual, I will put some funnies at the end.

UPDATE:
I have just removed a Fools and Horses funny about the word 'woke'. As I had no idea what it meant, it seemed funny to me. I have since learnt what it meant and have removed it. (Not funny).
Instead, let me add this sunset from my son's terrace:
Te Gran Sasso mountains in the distance and the foothillks of the Maiella in the forground.
 
Have a great weekend and...
Keep smiling!

Lisca





















7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is a lovely postcard, Lisca. I always love those that show a bit of geography.

How nice to share time with your friend in Italy. No salad? In the states, salad is served first, but not so in England. I LOVE eggplant.

Some of your funnies were great, but I didn't care for the one about WOKE.

Iris Flavia said...

To a wonderful holiday!
Love the TP-blinds.
Oh, boy, and the books... Add DVDs, too.
Lance, LOL. Happy, smiley Friday.

Annie said...

I'm thrilled your travels are going well....really hoping the next journey goes as you hope. I love the funnies this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunset from your son's terrace - enjoy your last few days there - praying you figure out how to book your couchette for the train to Milan! Keren xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, you seem to get around but I don't blame you having a good time. The food looks scrummy and the gorgeous views too. Great collection of funnies too. Hope this weekend is just as good for you.Hugs Angela xXx

My name is Erika. said...

It looks like you're having a wonderful time away Lisca. Catching up with friends is always fun, especially those you don't often see. And wow, what a sunset. I had to look up that word too. Nope, not one for a funny. Have a wonderful trip to Milan; I hope you can book your ticket. hugs-Erika

mamapez5 said...

Lovely postcard. I am sure someone will enjoy receiving it. I am glad you are enjoying Italy (despite the heat). I am not sure I really understand 'woke' though my son did try to explain it to me. I have been in a meeting allbthe day to discuss our vision for the church moving forward. We are barely sustainable in our current form. The archdeacon came over to help us, and he was really nice. Kate x