Friday 16 February 2024

A Postcard a Day - Friday 16 February 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely peeps,

It's Friday again! And what a week it's been! Very busy for me, and for you?

Let me show you a postcard:

It's not a postcard I received, but one that I sent recently. The recipient wrote in their profile that they like pictures of hearts, so I found this one which is one of those postcards that used to be a calendar. Every month has a different postcard and after the year has passed I tore off the calendar bit and was left with 12 postcards. The text is a Bible verse, but the card went to Taiwan, where they wouldn't understand it and wouldn't be offended.
I'm just remembering that it was St Valentine's Day earlier this week, so it is appropriate in a way.

OK, what have I been up to then? What made me smile this week? 
On Sunday I joined a group of friends from the photo club in a place called Olula del Rio, half an hour's drive from where I live. There was a museum/art gallery with an awesome photo exhibition.
(I'm wearing the light blue jacket) More about this visit in my Tuesday blog. And on this website


On Monday I went to have my hair done together with my friend Kim. Her husband came to pick us up and then we went out for lunch as it wasn't worth driving back home as he had a hospital appointment at 4 pm.


It was not our first choice in restaurants but most are closed on a Monday. 

Then we went for this hospital visit (Many doctors don't speak English). 

In the evening I went to a local bar to celebrate another friend's birthday. There were 5 of us and the birthday boy had brought some sweet treats:
Very sweet baclava with honey. Very nice indeed.


Tuesday I went to the gym (very gently in the old people's group), then for a massage at 13:00. For lunch I made myself a few pancakes:
The first one is always a bit misshapen, but they were very nice. I cook them in butter and eat them with real maple syrup! What a treat!

In the afternoon I went on a  walk with my friend Antonia, but didn't take any pictures.
And in the early evening I drove into town to the funeral parlour to pay my respects, and give my condolences to a friend from church who has just lost his mother.

We've had some bad weather here. A few days of rain (It's not enough though). But on Wednesday it was dry and the council are tidying up the village:
Zebra crossings are being painted,
trees trimmed and party lights removed.
There is snow on the mountains:
That is it from me today. I'll go and link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and as per usual, I will give you a few extra smiles at the end. 

In the meantime wishing you a lovely weekend and,

Keep Smiling!

Hugs,


Lisca
























 
























9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow Lisca. You are certainly leading a very active life. You are also quite lucky to find someone to give you a massage so often. I suspect I would feel better if I had a massage, but all anyone wants to do here is Reiki.

As always, you have made me hungry with your food and pancakes. Did you see that Liberal, Kansas won over Olney, England by only a few seconds in the International Pancake Race?

Some of your funnies were LOL hilarious. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend.

craftyani said...

Lisca I have been to the art gallery at Ulula del Rio. Our Red Cross took some of us 'oldies' there. Absolutely fascinating there was so much to see.

mamapez5 said...

The postcard is really attractive and that verse shouldn't offent anyone.
The snow on the hills looks so pretty but it is certainly getting chlly even down here. I just wish we would have a few really wet days to top up the reservoirs.
Your trip to Ulula sounds interesting. I can see the photo part being especially so for you.
We enjoyed our pancakes too with lemon juice from a fruit picked from our tree outside the kitchen door.
I thought the litle cats exchanging warm patches was rather cute, and others made me smiletoo. Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, sorry I'm a bit late today we've had a lot on. I walked the dogs then went to the hairdressers and now we're having a new door put at the back of the house so I'm writing this while it's quiet. Loving the post card and pleased you've had a good week. The funnies have some interesting sentiments and I love the little girl reading a book rather than watching the film that could be me as I regularly fall asleep watching stuff on TV. Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Hi, I was going to answer your blogpost, but it seems you no longer blog. But thank you for reading mine. I see you are in Mojacar. You might have figured out I am in the Granada province in a small place called Caniles. I love living here.
Thank you for commenting. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry I was missing this morning. Our internet went down yesterday and we had to wait til lunchtime today for an engineer to come out to sort out the problem….thankfully all ok now but rather too late to start writing my blog.
You’ve had another busy week Lisca. Love the funnies
Hugs,
Annie

Iris Flavia said...

Another good week, I'd say! And I love your funnies - have a great weekend, hugs

Mae Travels said...

Your local adventures are always fun to hear about!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the funnies! Sent some to my hubbie as apology for forgetting Valentine's day (embarrassing senior moment!) Love the grammatical error and totally agree about books being better to fall asleep to!
Keren