Friday 26 January 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 26 January 2023 - Friday smiles

 Hello lovely peeps,

How are you all? Do you have something to smile about?  I have. My first smile is of course my postcard of the day:

These are Nalichniki - Russian traditional wooden window frames. There are 15 on the postcard. They are all in different places:
Kashira, Rostov, Taldom, Kalyazin, Yuryev-Polskiy.
Kashin, Gavrilov-Yam, Yegoryevsk, Lyubim, Klin.
Maloyaroslavets, Tuma, Uglich, Khorlovo, Gavrilov-Yam.

It was sent to me by Marina, who lives (according to the postmark) in Moscow. She writes that there is a lot of snow this winter and it is making the traffic very bad. They have a sausage dog and are looking forward to the arrival of their second dog, an Italian greyhound.

                                          

The stamps are the usual Russian stamps, but nevertheless pretty.

There is more to smile about. With a smile I remember my late dad, whose birthday it would have been today. Having been born in 1923, he would have been 101. 

Here he is many years ago:

And in his later years:
He died in 2010 and I remember him fondly (as I was 'daddy's girl').

What have I been up to this week?
My friends Kim and Andy came on Wednesday and we had lunch together.
Sorry for the messy table. I had made a roast dinner of turkey and roast potatoes. Very nice it was.

 


Andy often does little jobs for me and this time he hung up a jigsaw that I had framed not long ago.
I have all my jigsaw puzzles hanging on the wall of the stairwell:
I should have moved the clothes rack, but tomorrow I have to empty all my clothes from my dressing room so I'm leaving it there for the time being. 

As per usual, I have been able to find some funnies for you. They will come at the end.
For now I will say goodbye, and have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca






























6 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, loving thre postcard and stamps. The photo of your dad is lovely too, I miss my one lots he dies at the begining of covid and would have been 96 now. Pleased you have such good friends to share some time with. Good collection of funnies today. The dog artist was interesting because our new Schnauzer boy dog also likes to poo on things, never had a dog before that does this but it's usually walls and fences panels, very strange. Have a good weekend, hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

That is a lovely postcard Lisca and I know how you like doors and windows so I am sure this one pleased you.
I twas nice to have a visit from friends who obviously enjoyed the dinner you made for them, and good too that you got a few little tasks done. I like the idea of hanging your puzzles. Some of them have such lovely pictures on them. I hope you are getting some of the sunshine that we are enjoying this week. Kate x

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you enjoying the company of good friends. Love the jigsaws framed and on the wall. We heard it’s 30 degrees in Spain so I hope you are enjoying good weather.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Those are beautiful windows indeed!
Yes, it´s always two days to remember now. When they were born and when they left us.
We come back on the date my Dad would´v turned 88.

Nice to have helping friends!
Great funnies. Have a great Friday, hugs

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

To answer your question, I bought a top from Marks and Spencers but that was all then got home and realised there were other things I actually needed......oh well! will just have to go out again some time xXx

Rostrose said...

WOW, dear Lisca, the Russian traditional wooden window frames look great! A nice postcard with a lot of variety :-)
Your father looks very friendly on the photos. I will also soon have a birthday commemorating my father, who died in January 2007 - he would have turned 100 on March 5, 2024. I too was daddy's darling ;-)
You had lovely visits from friends, and I also like your thinkies and funnies. When I looked at the first funny-picture I had to think for a long time about what I was seeing ;-DDDD
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/01/vogel-im-winter-tutanchamun-und-eine.html