Tuesday 12 November 2019

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 12 November 2019 - T for art, pizzas and chupitos

Hello lovely ladies of the T-gang! It's Tuesday yet again and time for another T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard at AlteredBookLover. Pleas join us with a blogpost, just make sure there is a beverage or beverage reference in your post.

I always start with my postcards, so here we go:
A large card from the USA showing the Redlin Art Center in Watertown, South Dakota. 
Terry Avon Redlin (July 11, 1937 – April 24, 2016) was an American artist popular for painting outdoor themes and wildlife, often pictured in twilight. During the 1990s he was frequently named "America's most popular artist" in annual gallery surveys conducted by U.S. Art magazine.
 The art center in the postcard is home to over 150 of Terry Redlin's original oil paintings. Built by the Redlin family as a gift to the artist's hometown, this national award winning building was designed by Charles Redlin, son of the artist. The four story, 52,000 square foot structure is surrounded by 24 solid granite columns and sits majestically on a hill within the 30-acre Terry Redlin Conservation Park.
 His art is typical American, in the style of Thomas Kinkade. Not my taste, but a lot of people love it.

Postcard number two is a card from a Postcrossing meeting in Cologne, Germany (near to the Dutch border), signed by everyone who attended the meeting. The postcard celebrates 150 years of the existence of postcards.
 The stamps are lovely, especially the one with the grapes as they are a drink reference for the T-party. But there are more qualifiers, you know me....

 Friday we went to our favorite pizzeria here in Baza with our friends. It is called La Gondola:
Quite an unassuming place, but the food is great. This time we just had pizza, because we all fancied pizza. We shared two large ones because here in Granada province, every drink comes with a tapa, so there was plenty to eazt.
 On the wall there is a huge photo of Venice and the gondolas. It looks as if that is our view. We can dream we are in Venice. (I have never been to Venice although I have lived in Italy for more than 15 years!)
 At the end of each meal we always get a complimentary 'chupito', a little shot of liquor.
 This particular one is called Zoco.
 The oldest commercial brand of Pacharan (aka Patxaran), Zoco is produced in the Basque region. It's made by steeping sloes, coffee and vanilla in anisette, producing an interesting and complex liqueurIt's very nice. The type of chupito is at the discretion of the serving staff, so we don't always get this. This time we were lucky.

This week the weather has turned nasty. From sitting in the sun straight to winter gear and lighting the fire!


That is it from me today. 
Wishing everyone a happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

12 comments:

  1. What a fun post today. Love the postcards, especially, of course, the one sent from Cologne. La Gondola looks a wonderful place to spend an evening with friends, and what yummy food and drinks. Have a great week, happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful postcards and stamps Lisca. The food looks delicious. The sky in that photo looks ominous. It got cold where I am in Connecticut US too. Brrr. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post-I am not familiar with the American artist-he sounds quite popular though, I never cared for Kincaid especially since he works were soooo commercialized.
    what an awesome place to dine with added bonus's of free foods and drink- stay warm it is 9 degrees f here this morning brrrr Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice postcards and their histories too. And oh my, your meal looks SO good Lisca!! That special drink sounds very interesting-enough that I'd just want a little taste:) We had 64 degrees F yesterday and this eve they want some snow!!:( Stay warm, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how postcards and blogs allow one to travel to far corners of the earth without leaving the comfort of one's chair. 😺 I love pizza and being able to eat with a back drop of Venice is just wonderful. I've never been to Italy. The Zoco sounds interesting. My dad used to make his own anisette and some other liquers. Happy T Day and stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the information about Redlin. His work instantly reminded me of Thomas Kinkade. I'm not a fan either.

    That's a cute little restaurant. The Zoco does sound very interesting.

    I hope you stay warm and toasty in your cave house.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was also interested in the info you shared on Redlin. I'm not a big fan of his work, but I have several calendars of his work that I have used in the past. His art is a bit "syrupy" for me.

    Your other postcard is nicely done, too. Do you like getting those postcrossing postcards? They all look basically the same to me.

    Wow, I want a pizza now. I haven't had pizza in months and months. And your Zoco looks unique, because I've never heard of it.

    Thanks for sharing your postcards, your meal, and your Zoco with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, our temps dropped over 50 degrees F in one day here. It's now so bitterly cold in my house, I can't keep it warm, no matter how high I set the thermostat. I totally understand your drop in temps. Hope YOU are warmer than I.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Thomas Kinkade style is not to my taste, but I've known people who favored it. The pizza looks tasty, and I love that decor where you can "be" in Venice. I've never heard of Zoco, but it looks pretty. The weather has turned to winter here, too. Brrr! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisca, another batch of interesting stamps and postcards.
    I’ve never heard of Zoco, I will out for it when we go home, I never order pizza when I’m out, Steve cooks his own them at home so I like to have something that we don’t have at home! Our GSs always have pizza, to share as they are so big.
    Have a Great T Day, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super postcards and stamps Lisca. That is a new artist to me, its good that we learn new things like this.
    Your pizza's looked delicious, you seem to get real value when eating out in Spain, even though the restaurant looked like it would look at home in Italy.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like an interesting liquor. And the food looks delicious. It's always nice to go out with friends. And the first postcard is really interesting. It is not my style art either, but I have never heard of him or even recognize any of his. Hope it was a fabulous T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here it is nearly time for another T Day and I'm just arriving!! I do apologise - sorting out years of accumulated 'stuff' at our caravan is taking longer than we thought!I love the stamps and the postcards! So sad that Venice has been flooded yet again! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete