Friday 22 November 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 21 November 2019 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely ladies. How are you all? I'm here to tell you what made me smile this week and what I have been up to these days.
First off is a lovely black and white postcard from Lithuania.

 The photo is by Erika Majauskiene, (2012). She is a Lithuanian photographer.
The stamp is really nice too. It features storks. I really like storks, and I'm always looking out for their nests on high places.

 The second card is from Russia. It features a painting by Alexei Korzukhin and is entitled The Bachelorette party.

Alexei Ivanovich Korzukhin ( 1835—1894) was a Russian genre painter.
He was a witness to the extremely bloody assassination of Tsar Alexander II in 1881. This resulted in severe nervous shock and he never fully recovered his health.

The stamp is one of those triangular ones, and this one has one of the traditional Russian windows on it.

 They are the beautiful wooden windows. This particular one shows a

Window of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast.

Here you can see the whole window:
So, what have I been up to this week? To avoid having too many photos, I have made little collages for each day of the week. (Sorry for the fact these images won't sit in the middle and tend to stick out)




 PG (short for Pico Grajo,) is the address of our weekend home about 40 km away from where we live. There we have a tv (not connected) that we use to watch DVDs on. 

Of course I shall find some funnies to put at the end. I found this one too. It is not particularly funny, but it is something to think about.


Before I go, let me tell you that I will be away for the weekend (Christian women's conference) and I don't seem to be able to do comments on my iPad, so I might be late in commenting unless I can do some before I leave today.

That is it from me this week. Let's pop over to Annie at A Stitch In Time and to Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday. 
Have a lovely weekend, 
Take care and
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca







7 comments:

  1. I really love your page a day collages but am a little surprised to see you needing to be so warmly wrapped up...anyone would think it was cold :-) It's so easy to imagine Spain being a sunny, hot country.
    Love the funnies :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it is fabulous to see elements of your days this week, I loved the collages they were great.

    I haven't seen that film was it any good?

    The photo of your Mum is lovely!

    Loving the postcards as always, the stamps are always so interesting, they seem to have ended up rather boring in the UK these days.

    I hope you have a great conference.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on all the collages Lisca. They were fun to see and read. Like you, we have been glad of our fire this week. It is wet and windy today.
    I am glad you added some smiles to brighten our day. Sorry this is brief but need to get back to my cosy chair. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisca loving the postcards and the stamps are amazing. The new style photographs are great too and of course the funnies are brilliant. Someone was very clever with the EU one, very true. Hope you have a nice time away. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The collages are a great way to "do" the day :) I'm wanting to cozy up to your fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I missed you yesterday. Nothing is broken, but I’m so sore I can’t sit and type with one hand for any length of time. I am sending this generic message because I want you to know I stopped by, appreciate you, and read your post. Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisca, I tried to leave a comment on Friday from my (not so) Smart phone but with no success. Great post. I thoroughly enjoyed your week in collages - a great way of recording the days. I've no idea why, but it always surprises me to see you dressed in cold weather gear. I suppose I'm so used to thinking of Spain as so much warmer than Scotland. The funnies made me laugh too. Have a great week ahead. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete