Friday 25 October 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 25 October 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely peeps,
I have another fun postcard for you that will make you smile:


Although it is not acknowledged on the card, I'm sure this is by the artist Banksy. Banksy started making art in Bristol in the 1990s, around the same time as I came to live there. So Banksy art was something that for me epitomises Bristol. In the early days a lot of his art was removed by the council who considered it grafitti. But now they realise Banksy is really famous and it brings in the visitors.

The card was sent to me by Ashley who lives in Indianapolis. She is a writer and working on book number 4.

The stamp is the orange gerbera:
It is my favorite flower.

I hope you have all had a lot to smile about. I certainly have had lots of fun and cuddles with my kitten Frankie:

I'm continuing to enjoy my archery. Last Friday they brought a target in the shape of an vulture:

Over the weekend I've been on a long (organized) walk:
The weather was perfect. Sunny but not overly hot. (I'm wearing a jumper because it was early in the morning and still quite cool.)

This week we have had some spectacular sunsets. Here is one:

I made a banana cake which turned out perfect (big smile), but a couple of weeks ago I made something that wasn't such a success. I didn't laugh but it might make you smile though:

It was supposed to be a custard tart but the liquid all seeped out the bottom of the tin. I had lined it with grease proof paper, thinking that would prevent it from leaking. But that didn't work as you can see.

That is all from me this Friday. Let's go and join Annie at A Stitch In Time for some more smiles.
Have a great weekend,
Lisca












1 comment:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh your poor custard tart. Sorry that happened. It stinks when baking doesn't go right. I made a coffee cream pie this summer and the coffee filling never solidified, so when I sliced it it ran all over the place. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika