Friday 18 October 2024

A Postcard A Day - Friday 18 October 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely girls, 

How are you all? Have you had much to smile about this week? Of course you have! I have too.

My smiles are mostly cat-shaped...

But first let me show you a postcard that I received recently



No prizes for guessing it comes from Finland. It is a fun travel poster from the series 'Come To Finland'. It was sent to me by Marita who was looking forward to the christening of her 5th grandchild.

The stamp is gorgeous (as are most Finnish stamps):
"Fireworks bursting in the sky were chosen as the subject of the international no-value indicator stamp,” says illustrator Nina Kuuwho designed the stamps.

Those are not my only smiles for this week. As you can imagine my little kitty called Frankie is giving me plenty of smiles:



Here is my friend Kim with Frankie:



My friend Janet visited yesterday and brought a lovely little 'bed' and Frankie immediately loved it and has used it ever since:

That's enough of kitty. The other thing that made me smile this week was seeing this poster:

It means that next weekend we have a tapas and cocktail festival in our  village. The idea is that you visit all of the participating bars over the weekend and  rate their  tapas and cocktails on a form that you're given. The bar with the most votes wins. It does mean that they will all try to outdo each other so it should be a good weekend to go out. I will let you know (with photos) how I get on.

That is all from me today. I will go and link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and I will see you all there!

Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Here are some funnies for you to smile about:














1 comment:

My name is Erika. said...

Frankie sure looks adorable on her new bed. And that bed looks comfy. And those midwives sure brought home how dilated you have to be to give birth. That is scary but a good way to display it. Have a great weekend Lisca. hugs-Erika