Friday 13 September 2024

A postcard a day - Friday 13 September 2024 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

This is going to be a short post as I have no internet and have to write this on my mobile. 

First off is my postcard:


It comes to me from Germany and it features lots of books.  Something that will always make me smile. Have you noticed that all of the books have titles to do with creative writing?

It was sent to me by the Schneider Family and they all signed it. The children put some fun stickers in the card and one of them is a turtle (And I love turtles):

The stamp is the normal German stamp with the cute baby mountain goats:

And again I got a little sticker.

Kate often posts images of sunsets but I’m never quick enough or miss it altogether. The other night my tv screen was red and it looked like there was a fire!

But it was a beautiful sunset. And I captured the tail end of it. 




That is all from me this week. Don’t forget to visit Annie at A Stitch In Time as she will have more smiles. 

I’ll try to find a few Internet funnies for you to hopefully brighten your day. 

Have a great weekend! 
Keep smiling!
Lisca






Apparently this is in Iceland. I would instinctive stop or slow down if I saw this pedestrian crossing!


This is me!




4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Happy Friday Lisca. That is a cool sunset reflection on your TV. And it makes a great photo too. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Annie said...

I hope your internet service returns very soon for you. I love the photo of your living room with the sky on fire out of the window...nature is amazing. Your funnies made me chuckle....I love carrots ;-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

My internet is sometimes so slow a 56k-modem would do a better job. I am with you.
Cool fire on your TV and thank you for the smiles! The cookie one.. LOL -and I love the 3-d crossing. Have a great Friday!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's a pain when the Internet goes down, how did we manage before I wonder. You might know I love the stamps. Love the photo of your sitting room too, gorgeous sky. Plenty to smile about here today. Sending hugs Angela xXx