Tuesday 12 March 2024

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 12 March 2024 -T for Kazan, drinks and cats

 Hello lovely peeps,

Here we are again on Tuesday. Time for a drink at the T-Party hosted by Bluebeard and Elizabeth. But before I show you my drink, lets look at this postcard that was lurking at the back of the pile:

It's the Cathedral of St peter and St Paul in Kazan.
Wikipedia writes: 
Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral  is a Russian Orthodox church in Kazan (Tatarstan). It is one of the most famous churches in Naryshkin Baroque.

The temple was consecrated in honour of heavenly Tsar Peter I of Russia patron.

Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral was built in 1722. Construction was commissioned by the merchant Ivan Afanasievich Mikhlyaev, the head of the imperial factories in Kazan. Most likely, its oriental-like cathedral and its bell tower were constructed by Moscow and Kazan masters.


I also found a photo of the interior:

Spectacular or what!

The stamps are beautiful too:
The stamp with the ship shows the Sloop Mirny. I found this information:
Mirny (Russian: Ми́рный, literally "Peaceful") was a 20-gun sloop-of-war of the Imperial Russian Navy, the second ship of the First Russian Antarctic Expedition in 1819–1821, during which Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen (commander of the lead ship Vostok) and Mikhail Lazarev (commanding Mirnycircumnavigated the globe, discovered the continent of Antarctica and twice circumnavigated it, and discovered a number of islands and archipelagos in the Southern Ocean and the Pacific.
Mirny and its Captain Mikhail Lazarev on a commemorative coin of the Bank of Russia.


Wow! Who knew? How interesting!

Let's get back to the order of the day. What have I been up to? I have been cooking my own meals all week. One of them being a chicken thigh in the air fryer with a broccoli salad:
The recipes can be found in the links.
The small blocks you see in the salad are pieces of (Dutch) cheese. And of course the drink is my white wine (Chardonnay) in the small box.

On Saturday we had our Intercambio meeting (Spanish/English conversation group). Afterwords some of us go for a drink:
My drink is a 'clara con limón', which is lager with lemon in it. My friend is drinking darker beer called 'tostada' and that was my second drink. 
I have told you before I think, that here in the Granada province, we always get a snack (tapa) with every drink. This was our tapa:

Lovely home made croquetes. (We got one each).

Then on Sunday my friend Beth and I went to church. We took a photo outside to send to her mum:

Now I have one more drink and this one is for Erika:

And two funnies for all you cat lovers out there:


That is it from me today,

Bless you all,

Hugs,

Lisca
























9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like that name: summer water. It is such a good name for a margarita since it's something good to drink in the summer. And that church is quite ornate but beautiful. I found the story behind the stamp , The Mirny, really fascinating. I always wondered who discovered Antarctica was there. It looks like you had a nice week though. I love how you get a bit of Tapas in Granada. It's a good idea, really. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead Lisca. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fascinating church. Just beautiful both inside and out. That is truly a lovely stamp, of the Mirny, too.

How nice you got together with your Spanish/English friends. Nice there were lots of drinks to share. Not fond of chicken thighs, so that didn't tempt meat all. The salad looked good, though.

Thanks for sharing the postcard, the meal you prepared, and your many drink options with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful Cathedral
I haven´t had croquetes in ages.
Seems like you a lot of fun with friends!
Happy T-Day

DVArtist said...

That Cathedral is beautiful. I really like the ship stamp too. You have such a busy life. I'm happy to see all the people that are around you. All the drinks look great but that summer water, Yeah, I'll take too. I have been craving Margarita. Have a lovely day today.

DVArtist said...

P.S. I wanted to tell you how good that chicken looks. I haven't made broccoli salad in a long time. Maybe this week I will.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your roast chicken and broccoli salad looks wonderful! Summer water looks great, too. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

The interior of the church with the icons is just jaw-dropping amazing. You made a delicious dinner for yourself. Nibbles and drinks with friends sounds like a lot of fun. Happy T Day

Carola Bartz said...

The church looks beautiful from the outside, but the inside is a little much for me. I don't like all the gold overload. Your chicken looks delicious, and I think it must be fun to be in an English and Spanish speaking group. I would love something like that since I have been learning Spanish for more than a year now. I sometimes practice with the Mexican vendors at the farmers market.

Cloudia said...

This post is packed full of good stuff! God bless you. Aloha