Tuesday 14 February 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 14 February 2023 - T for

 

Hello lovely ladies, 

Happy Valentine's Day! I personally don't celebrate Valentine's Day, as my 'Valentine' is no longer around. But even when he was, we didn't bother. "Every day is Valentine's Day" he would say. But I do hope you will have received some special attention or some special mail.

I've been looking through my cards and there is nothing remotely Valentine-ish in my collection. But I did think these cute hedgehogs would be appropriate:

They look like they could be good friends, even more than that. Who knows.
It was sent to me by Anna in Austria. She used a lovely colourful stamp:

In 2022, the Lego company celebrated the 90th anniversary of its founding in 1932. Lego Group launched the plastic Lego brick in its present form 64 years ago, in 1958.



On Sept. 16, 2022, The Austrian Post creatively introduced a new Lego postage stamp celebrating two milestones: the Lego Group’s 90th anniversary and the 125th anniversary of the Wiener Riesenrad, the giant Ferris wheel in Vienna constructed in 1897.

The above picture shows the ferris wheel tableau made out of Lego bricks and a large image of the stamp that was inspired by this tableau.

Above is a photograph of Vienna’s famous Ferris wheel with a yellow retail tent for the temporary post office in front of it. Available at the event were panes of the stamp, first-day covers, the cancellation, an information sheet and more.


OK enough about ferris wheels. I'm going to join the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard, so I have to find a drink somewhere. 

This was my breakfast on Sunday morning: scrambled eggs on toast.
I had a cup of herbal tea with that.

The weather has been awful here. Nothing compared to what some of you are going through but cold and miserable nevertheless. A reflection of the rainy window in the glass of my tablet:

My sister sent me this photo of her on the boulevard near Marbella, Costa del Sol:
The beach is deserted and the palm trees are looking very wet and windswept.

It's not nice, so I'm glad of my tv. I have been watching The Crown on Netflix (finishing series three now) and Happy Valley on BBC iPlayer (Watched the whole of series one) and The Chosen on YouTube (season 3, episode 1). Also a film called A Beautiful Mind on Amazon Prime. 

Our local Women's Association (called Minerva) is promoting cancer awareness in women and generally organizes things for cancer sufferers. I saw this on my way to the gym :
Gorgeous little flowering plants:
There is an irrigation system/tube in place so hopefully the plants will look lovwly this summer.
The notice reads: Freedom and life for women.

Because it is Valentine's Day, there have been flowers for sale in the supermarkets (very unusual) and I treated myself to a bunch of tulips. 
They are very tiny and nothing like what I would be used to in the Netherlands, but hey, we're in southern Spain, and these are the first tulips I have ever seen here. (So I had to have them). I do miss the abundance of flowers that we have in Holland. 

That is it from me today.
Happy T-Day all and also a happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Lisca



















14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Those 2 hedgehogs work perfectly for Valentine's Day. They are a cute "couple". And I didn't know Legos have been around for so long. I never had any as a child, but my brother had a set. I actually bought myself a Lego Map set a couple of years ago and one of these days I need to sit down and actually make it. Smile. Sorry to hear about the weather. It sounds like you have some good shows to watch. I love the series The Crown. Are you enjoying it? I hope you have a wonderful T day Lisca, happy week and I hope your weather improves too. hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

The hedgehogs are cute! We have horrible rainy weather too, yesterday was the first day it didn't rain in weeks. Glad you are enjoying your TV, A Beautiful Mind is the one with Russell Crowe right? Good movie. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning the hedgehogs are adorable, I totally forgot about Tuesday being Valentine's Day-we think the same-every day should be a bit special.
I hadn't realized that legos have been around so long-loved the stamp and ferris wheels. here in the states on the tv they hold a lego competion-amazing what they build now.
Your flowers are lovely! Happy T Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the hedgehogs :) My husband and I observe Valentine's Day, usually with a meal out. We're still not eating inside restaurants, though, and it's too cold for a patio meal. I enjoy ferris wheels. It's been sooo long! Happy T Tuesday

Mae Travels said...

A number of years ago we were driving across Denmark and realized that there was a LegoLand Theme Park. (Now there are many.) We couldn't resist -- and as a result, I learned this history, as well as seeing absolutely wonderful towns and scenes and famous monuments all built from legos! Your info is great.

You asked the country of Baja California: it's in Mexico, just south of the US state of California. The name means "Lower California."

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day either, but I suppose it's good for business in a lot of shops. The hedgehogs are really sweet. Have a happy T Day, take care, hugs, Valerie

jinxxxygirl said...

Happy T day Lisca!!! Hubs and i vary our celebration of Valentines Day.. Sometimes though rarely its gifts.. usually we are gifted out from Christmas and such.. usually its just spending time together.. maybe a meal out.. Sometimes he'll bring flowers.. Wishing you a beautiful day nonetheless.. Hugs! deb

Iris Flavia said...

Same here. All I got a kiss and that is OK. Sorry you had to miss out on this...
Bad memories of the "Prater" in Vienna... huhhhh... loosing a toth does count as not good, huh. And loosing the parents... (all nice people taking care, though!!)

Love scrambled eggs on toast - have you tried truffle butter underneath? Yum.
Yes, icky weather here, too.... And del Sol looks rainy, too...

Cancer took away also too many lives of my direct family. Again my respect to your strength.
To flowers and a happy T-Day, hugs

CJ Kennedy said...

The Tiggies (hedgehogs) are too cute. You know the space between their noses is the bottom of a heart. That is some Ferris wheel. I loved riding them when I was a kid, but as a (young) adult sitting at the top was terrifying! 😺Beautiful beach even in the rain and I like your sister's cheery raincoat. The tulips are pretty, too. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been by sooner, but was out much of the day getting supplies before the snow and freezing temps hit tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day. Love those tulips, even if they are tiny compared to those in Holland. Sorry about your weather. Mine arrives tomorrow or tonight.

What a cute postcard. The hedgehogs look like a cute and happy couple.

I've never seen Legos, but I know they are popular. Quite an achievement and a lovely postage stamp.

Your breakfast is gold. I know you have chickens, and you are SO lucky. Today I paid over $5.00 (USD) for a dozen eggs. I treated them like gold. Thanks for sharing your postcard, the Lego stamp, ferris wheel information, your eggs, and hot tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Sharon Madson said...

I like the hedgehogs, Lisca. And the stamp from Austria is colorful and fun. Love the reflection in your tablet. What a great photo! I like the Chosen, too, but haven't see all of them. Our kids and grandkids went to the theatre to see the last two new ones, just last Thursday.
Happy T Day.

DVArtist said...

Hi, I really like hedgehogs. The stamp is pretty imprssive. I had egg on toast for breakfast this AM. Mr. M. bought me a bouque of tulips yesterday. They look just like yours. Sounds like you are ejoying your TV, especially with the weather. Stay warm and have a nice day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those hegehogs - and the stamp. We are forecast rain for the next two days . Scrambled egg is one of my favourite breakfasts,wish it was hubby's too! I hope you enjoy Happy Valley as much as we did! I love your tulips. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Rostrose said...

Dear Lisca,
the two hedgehogs are really heartwarming ❤️! And very funny that you know this stamp from my home country - I live in Austria, but I saw the stamp for the first time on your blog! :-D
Too bad you have such "un-Spanish" weather in Spain. On the other hand, it is probably important that the water reservoirs and groundwater levels are filled up, because the next hot summer is definitely coming...
ALL THE BEST from Austria!
Traude
❤️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-6-kapitel-tortuguero.html