Friday 24 February 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 24 February 2023 Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Another week has passed and we are getting slowly a bit closer to spring. (at least in my hemisphere). I can't wait. The weather has been so bad and dreary, I'm really longing for the sun!

My postcard for today comes from the USA and it is a water colour of a pomegranate. 
It doesn't have the name of the artist on it but the copywrite is by Samin Nosrat

Samin Nosrat born November 7, 1979 in San Diego, is an American chef, TV host, food writer and podcaster.



She is the author of the James Beard Award–winning, New York Times Bestselling cookbook Salt Fat Acid Heat:




and host of a Netflix docu-series of the same name. From 2017–2021, she was a food columnist for The New York Times Magazine. Nosrat is also the co-host of the podcast Home Cooking


A fact about the pomegranate is that in Spanish it is called a granada. Of course I live in the Granada province and our province and capital city were named after this fruit which is very common here. It grows on trees and there are many pomegranate trees here.

The stamp is the poinsettia, bearing in mind that the card was posted before Christmas.




What have I been up to?

My week has been good with lots going on. My weekend is always filled with friends popping in and Intercambio meeting on Saturday. Then church on Sunday. On Sunday afternoon I went for a walk with my friend Antonia:


Monday I went to the gym again. It really is hard work getting up early on a cold morning, but once I'm at the gym I really enjoy it.
Tuesday is market day. I bought avocados  and other vegetables. I heard about shortages in the UK but there are no shortages here. 
On Tuesday my friends Kim and Andy come and I made them cheat Gregg's cheese and onion pasties (and some prawns as a side dish).



Andy brought his car battery charger as our 4x4 car that we only used off road, to get to our plot, had a flat battery. Of course I hadn't used it since Graham died and Andy connected the battery to the charger. It charged until yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. The battery is in place and the car starts again. Phew!
In the evening I had a church housegroup meeting via Zoom.
Wednesday is the day the cleaning lady comes, so I have been working with her. She helped me strip and re-make the bed so I had a nice clean bed. Wednesday was also the first sunny day in a month! So I washed the bedding and it dried that same afternoon. 
In the afternoon I had a dental appointment. The last treatment. Hurray! Later in the afternoon my friend and I went to a demonstration and presentation of regional lambs meat.
The chef was cooking stuff as he talked. 

The presentation was being held in a local bar, 5 min walk from my house.

We also got to taste all the little things he cooked. It was really delicious. In the photo above you can see me on the left next to my friend Antonia and next to her is her daughter with a friend.

The lady on the left, who was sitting next to me in the above photo, is Maria Pilar, our mayoress. Yes we have a glamorous mayor.
Below are some of the dishes:


That is it from me today. Of course I will try to find some funnies for you and put them at the end.



Please join me in visiting Annie at A Stitch In Time for more smiles.
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca





















7 comments:

Annie said...

It's so lovely to hear of all your good friends out ther Lisca. You seem to be keeping yourself very busy.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

I would´ve needed that book years ago. Now I feel confident with cooking!
You sound very busy in a good way.
Yes, I always need help with making the bed, too. Nice to know I´m not the only one ;-)
Dentist... soon. uh-oh. Hop it will be a chack-up only!
Lamb meat, LOL!
Once at the canteen with customer I said, "hmmm, baby-sheep" - all the men laughed. The only other woman... never greeted me again!
Sorry, you should know what you eat, what did she think she has?!

Yes, Ingo is always right on these days, good one!!!
Loo-ticket, please!
I´ll keep quiet in a garden from now on!
My Brother sure will have a haunted house soon (big Niece is 12).
Yes to the thoughts. Oh, depends!!!
To the eclipse, thank you for the laughs, hugs!

mamapez5 said...

You have some lovely friends to pass your time with.
It is good to have help changing the bed. It gets harder every time now. I too was glad to have a day that was bright enough to dry the bedding outside.
Your lamb demo sounds great. I loe the flavour of lamb but it is only in our shops for a few weeks each year and it is very expensive.
You found your usual collection of 'thoughts' and 'funnies'. I love the eclipse. very clever. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an interesting week you had. I went to Aldi for items I forgot last week. Other than that, I have been nowhere. You are so lucky to have so many friends to share time with. Yes, your mayor is lovely. To be honest, I don't think I ever had lamb and probably never will. I see plating was important to the chef, too!

Enjoyed your funnies this week. Some I had seen before, not here, though. I loved the arms, legs, etc. and the airplane snafu.

You didn't get the piggy joke. Let me explain. Parents sing a song to their babies and point to each of their toes as they sing this:
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home.

I think you get the connection to the wee wee wee now.

Here it is on my blog. I may show it again for Second on the 2nd, since you brought it up and I had to look it up.
https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2017/04/t-stands-for-recycled-post.html


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I should have proof read my comment before I published it. The piggy joke was on Annie's blog and the parent gently grabs the little toe while singing the wee wee wee.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, going to be quick tonight as it's late. We've been out most of the day banking and then shopping and it's only now that I've found time to switch the laptop on. Loving the postcard and that cook book looks intertesting. So please to see you keeping busy and you have lots of friends to share your time with. Wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xxx

LA Paylor said...

Lisca, I stopped by to see all you've been doing. Lots of stuff. Love, LeeAnna