Saturday 2 July 2022

A Postcard A day - Saturday 2 July 2022 - Second on the 2nd

 Hello everyone,

here is a blogpost from 2015 which I am posting and linking with Elizabeth and Bluebeard for 'Second on the 2nd'. The idea is to post a blogpost that has been published before.

I am showing you this post from 2015. It has a watercolor postcard on it and I though Kate Yetter in particular would like it as she paints buildings so beautifully.

Here it is:

A Postcard a Day - 18 July 2015 - Taiwan

Hi peeps, how are you all this morning?

I have another postcard to share with you this morning. I got it this week from Taiwan (formerly Formosa). Anna sent it to me and I like it very much. It looks like a water colour painting but I'm not sure if it really is a painting or a 'photoshopped' photo. Whichever is the case, it is very beautiful. Anna writes that this is the Museum of Taiwan Literature.

The stamps are also very beautiful:

The flowers on the left are Rhodomyrtus tomontosa 
  1. (Rhodomyrtus tomentosa also known as Downy Rose Myrtle is a flowering plant in the family Myrtaceae, native to southern and southeastern Asia, from India, east to southern China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the Philippines, and south to Malaysia and Sulawesi. Wikipedia)
 and on the right Lantana camara. (Lantana camara, also known as big sage, wild sage, red sage, white sage and tickberry, is a species of flowering plant within the verbena family, Verbenaceae, that is native to the American tropics. Wikipedia)

So thank you Anna for a lovely card this week.

Tomorrow I will show you another card. Until then,

Blessings,
Lisca

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your second look, Lisca. I'm sure this is a first look for me. I truly believe that is a watercolor. I have Photoshop, but I am not sure I could get that building photoshopped that well. The stamps are truly lovely, too. Too bad the postmark was so prominent on the two stamps on the left. Thank you again for joining me today with your Second Look on the 2nd, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that I explained the viewing platform and the size of the windows out of which you can look in my message. Yes, a tram takes you to the top and there are five people in each tram. Not sure how they handle it now that they have Covid rules in force. When I went you could stay as long as you liked. Trams ran every 10 minutes, so you could stay and catch a later tram. Apparently not the case anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice painting (or photo shop creation).

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a lovely postcard, I especially like how they've done the trees and the door. Happy Second on the Second! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to see this lovely postard Lisca. I like how it looks, although it doesn't make me think of Taiwan, but I still love seeing it. I hope July is starting well for you! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete