Thursday 24 October 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 24 October 2019 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely peeps,
As Elizabeth commented: I am a day early! Sorry! I got my days mixed up...you know... retired and all that....
Autumn has really started and it is so cold here all of a sudden! It has rained yesterday! (an event in these parts) and a friend of mine took a photo of the Sierra Nevada skiing area, where it has now snowed. Obviously not enough to ski on, but that will come soon.
I'm here to tell you what made me smile this week. And certainly this card from Finland made me smile from ear to ear! It is a card with an image by Inge Löök, one of my favorite illustrators. The naughty aunties always make me smile!

The person that sent it me, Ria, says she had attended a 'Postcard Happening' and a meet-up of Postcrossers (the organisation that I send postcards through).
At that Postcard Happening was Inge Löök herself, and she signed to card! How cool is that!

Even the postage stamp has the naughty aunties on it (It is one of the things Finland is famous for)

And Ria had added an orange sticker with the 'aunties' on it.



You can imagine, I am over the moon!

My second card comes from Canada. From Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC. Definitely the French speaking part. I like this card as we sometimes eat pancakes with blueberries (when I can get them).
The stamps are gorgeous and show Queen Elizabeth smiling. Those are really nice images of Her Majesty.


But by far the biggest smile this week is our 'new' car! I have not driven a car since 2010 and have lost my confidence a bit. And I have never wanted to drive the car we have as I have always been used to an automatic. Now we have changed our car and we have an automatic.
It's a Nissan Qashqai. I have driven it several times already. So I'm feeling very proud of myself. Hubby needs to have a couple of operations on his eyes in the near future, and I will have to drive him to and from the hospital.

Wednesday I had some friends round for a bit of crafting. We made these froebel stars. They are Origami.


 I like the name, as one of my blog friends in Austria (Susi) calls herself Froebelsternchen, which is the same thing.
I didn't have any Christmassy papers, but I think these colurs are great anyway.

 I had seen it on the internet and had practiced making them. But we did get stuck at some point and had to un-pick the whole thing! So I got my iPad out and we watched a Youtube video and followed it step by step.

For those who are interested: The video was Maymay made it: Froebel star.

Monday night  we were at our weekend home. We try to watch a DVD every time we go there as there is a tv there. Of course we've seen all our DVDs. Would you believe, we watched Mamma Mia the film! Oh what fun. Singing along to all the songs! Great!
Someone on Facebook commented that if 


That is all for now. 
I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

There will be some funnies at the end; forgive me if I have shown you these already. I think the one with the Houses of Parliament by the bridge is not new. But hey, I can't remember....

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca









7 comments:

  1. Gosh Lisca. It's still Wednesday in my world. I like time travel, but STILL . . . .

    Love those cards. I know you are a big fan of the aunties, and having the artist sign your card must have put you in heaven. Such an impressive card.

    Congrats on the new car. Ironically, I've never driven anything but a stick shift. I am not a fan of automatic transmissions, but if that's what you are used to, I think it's to your benefit that you are comfy. and it's a beautiful car, too.

    Those stars are amazing. They look complicated, and I can see why you needed the instructions to create them.

    Have a super Thursday AND Friday, and have a fabulous weekend, too, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The origami stars are beautiful! They would make good Christmas decorations. Congrats on the new car and on your bravery in getting right into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a fabulous post, I love your postcards and the stickers and the stamps are stunning, I can imagine how pleased you were to receive that.

    I also love the origami stars, they are very beautiful, will you be hanging them on your tree?

    Your new car is lovely, I had a few years off driving (years ago now), but I know what you mean about confidence, but the more your practice the easier it gets and with an automatic I'm assuming you will find it much easier. I hope all goes well with the medical appointments for your hubby.

    Have a brilliant weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the new car and well done to you for getting back into driving in it. I love the funnies [yes I've seen several of them before but always make me smile] but I have to say the first card wins this week....we are decorating our spare bedroom here this week....but not tried dancing on the table......yet.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking car. I can drive a stick shift but prefer automatic your stars are very interesting I was not aware of the Naughty Aunties Thanks for introducing me I'm going to visit the web site

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Lisca what a special postcard you received with the Aunties-I can see that would have had you smiling. congrats on your new car-that will take a little practice to get comfortable on the roads again-at least it would for me. Loved your funnies too Happy Friday-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Early, late, who cares! no one I hope because I am definitely late this week as I've had a busy week and even been out today at the craft club. The ladies dancing on the table is a brilliant card design, the artist has certainly got a sense of humour. Love the stamps of course and the new car and well done you for driving it after so long it's a big thing to start again. Loving your stars too. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete