Friday 11 October 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 11 October 2019 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely peeps,
Here we are still smiling on Friday. Are you still smiling too? Please share your smiles with Annie at A stitch In Time. And while you're at it, say hello to Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday.
My first smiles are my postcards. I received several nice ones this week and this one is from China:
 It was sent to me by Letitia who tells me that these are children in Tibet. She also says that her father wants to adopt the little girl on the right. Yes, she does look quite cheeky to me.
The stamps are really pretty. 
 That middle stamp looks a bit like a Blue Peter ship. (Our English friends will know what i mean). The stamp on the right looks like a family on holiday in a car. And on the left is a cute little doll/girl.
What really made me smile (and I know I should not laugh at other people's mistakes, but this made me giggle)
I assume it should read 'surface', meaning it is not going by air mail, but by surface mail.

Another card that made me smile is this one:
It comes from Germany. The sender is Anita and she told me it was 12 degrees C and how much she enjoys her holidays in Croatia. 
The title of the card is Paper Poppies. Well, I don't believe for one minute that these are paper poppies, but hey.... They are really pretty.

The postman also brought me another piece of mail. It was a fat envelope. In it was this beautiful tea towel from St Ives Cornwall. My sister has visited our old haunts and had bought me this tea towel. (I spent my childhood in St Ives, in the 50s)  Isn't that nice of her. I love it.
 We are still having very warm weather. The Spanish call it 'veroño'  (a combination of 'verano'-summer and 'otoño'- autumn). 
Usually there is a cloudless sky, but last week we had a few clouds and a beautiful sun set.

 I took these photos from the window of my craft room. Looking right...
 and looking left.
We have been away this past weekend, but I haven't uploaded my photos yet, but next week i will share some photos of our trip.

As usual, I will share a few funnies at the end.

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca








6 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely post today filled with things that has made me smile. Everything from the lovely postcards to the gorgeous skies and funnies thay really made me giggle. That could have been me in bed with one leg out :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Beautiful postcards. I especially like the postage stamps.

You have some beautiful views. Up until yesterday it was HOT here. Tonight we are having a hard freeze. I had to bring in all my herbs that I could carry and cover the rest with sheets.

I enjoyed the funnies, but want to point out the pizza and the box were both designed by a man (grin). Have a super Friday and a great weekend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, I had to smile at the Christmas message at the end of the post. We went to the garden centre last week and I couldn't believe it, the place was all decked up with Christmas stuff. There was more Christmas decs and trees and well it was just amazing but surely it's rather early! I love the postcards but you know the stamps are my absolute favourites. Had to smile at the Tea Towel too as I had a massive collection of those at one time as My grandmother used to bring me one back from just about every place she went to. Wishing you a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I see you have had some beautiful skies this week too Lisca.
I like the postcards this week. The poppies are very pretty and the children cute. What pretty, interesting stamps too. England lack imagination when it comes to designing stamps.
I am enjoying veroño (i haven't heard it called that). The slightly cooler days are so much more comfortable, and it will soon be cool enough to have more than just a sheet on the bed, though then I will be like the lady with one leg hanging out of the covers!
I spent some happy childhood holidays in St Ives but I expect it has changed a lot since then. Kate x

Celtic house said...

Fabulous post cards as always and I love those fabulous stamps - very cute.

Your sunsets are stunning, although I have to say Spanish sunsets always are and I'm sure its a lot warmer where you are than where I am!

Apologies for the delay in posting but we were away last week and I couldn't get my tablet to leave a message, no matter which way I tried.

I hope you are having a brilliant week!

Hugs

fastcashforcars said...

thanks for sharing this blog here. Its too good to explore your blog
scrap my car