Tuesday 15 August 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 15 August 2017 - T for Coca cola and a silver wedding

Hello lovely people,


Happy Tuesday! Lots has been happening this week, so it's a rather photo heavy post today!


First of all Happy T-Day all. I'm joining Elizabeth and Bluebeard for their weekly T-fest. Please join us with a post with something drink related in it.


My week has been quite busy. There is the yearly fiesta in the village which lasts 5 days. Everyone with roots in this village has come back to mother 0r sister and people are seeing their school friends again and people that have moved away will come back for these 5 days to enjoy the fiesta. The village is full of 'tourists' I don't know.


The whole village had that 'buzz' about it.
We went to see a performance of singing called 'copla'.
It was held in the Little park just round the corner from our house. The older people came out in droves, as these are the songs of old that they all know and love.


We didn't care for it much (also because we don't understand the words) and didn't stay long.


There was the usual fun fair with rides and stalls etc. For the children they held a foam fest outside the town hall:
There were loads of sports activities and races:
Then Sunday night there was the parade. We didn't go to that as we had something to celebrate ourselves (but more of that later)


Then in the evening there were Fireworks:
The reason we didn't go to the parade Sunday night is because we were celebrating our silver wedding anniversary.
I made a huge cake (normal récipe x6!) and invited all our friends.
Here we are cutting the cake.
The party started at 6 with drinks and nibbles:
I've put this one in as I think it is the only photo with a glass in it so it can qualify for T for Tuesday.
Then those who had brought instruments tuned uyp and we had a singing sessión with some great worship songs to which even our non churchy friends happily sang along to.
The at 8 we started the BBQ. Hubby of course is the chef. We had to feed about 30 people.
I had made salads and side dished etc, as you do.
We left the washing up for the next day. I don't like to do that on the night, after a lovely party. But the next morning there was no wáter! It doesn't happen very often in our village, but ok, that was sod's law.
You can tell by the clock that it was 20 past 10 and still no wáter... (We did get it done. By 2 pm it was all clear and clean).


We are preparing to go on a road trip through Spain and France and England. (Leaving this Friday. I don't mind saying this as we have a house sitter) My sister is getting married and we will be visiting our family. So we were on the lookout for Little gifts we could easily take along with us. Apart from the usual olive oil which is bulky and wine is also bulky. We found a man in the village who makes soap with olive oil (no glycerine). It is lovely and soft on the skin especially on my face. I love it and we commissioned him to make some small gift soaps. This is the box of soaps with rose petals on them:
And we also got a box with soaps with olive leaves:
They are now all individually wrapped, courtesy of the wife, whom we met yesterday. Here is her husband in front of a huge piece of household soap:
Yes, that blue/Green man-high thing is soap! It gets cut up of course:
And sold in squares. Women here handwash their clothes and undies with that sort of soap.


Finally a few potos from Saturday night, when we went to the folk festival in the nearby town of Baza. We try to go every year. It is fabulous.

These are local dancers and the orchestra at the back are all from the local conservatoire.
Ole!
There are always several dance groups from abroad. These are from Croatie:
In the introduction they said that all the clothes were hand made. Beautiful embroidery!


OK let's not forget my postcard....


It comes from Belgium and has a timeless feel about it. Coca cola is still going strong and I remember drinking 7Up, but I'm not sure if it is still being made....


Well done if you made it this far! Lots of photos this time. It does mean that in the coming 5 weeks I will keep a low profile or be absent all together as I don't get on with my Tablet. I use my camera for taking pictures but cannot put them on my Tablet. Anyway...we'll see.


Perhaps until next week. I'll do my best.


Hugs,
Lisca
Happy T-Day all of you

17 comments:

  1. a gorgeous post!! Happy anniversary to you! What a fun celebration in town-great shot of the fireworks. I like the way you celebrated your anniversary too. And the soaps- a special and personal gift for the recipients. Happy travels and I will say I wish I was going along:) Happy T day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I think your local festival is so exciting. So many things to see and do. And congrats on your anniversary. 25 years is a big accomplishment, and you always look so happy together. :) This is an exciting T day post Lisca. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow lots of fun things happening-enjoyed all of the photos-olive oil soap is wonderful-I love it-when I buy soap I buy that. so I really enjoyed seeing all of the soap photos.
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Lisca, I have seen several photos with glasses and cups. For one, the dirty dishes sitting in the sink. Then, the Coke, Dr. Pepper, and 7-up bottles would qualify, too. So you have LOTS of drink references today.

    Ironically, I'm getting ready to make soap soon. I invited a friend who wants to learn how to make it, so it won't be long now. The glycerin occurs naturally when the lye and the oils (in this case, extra virgin olive oil) come together. I really enjoyed seeing all the wonderful soaps that were made and that green soap is amazing.

    Happy belated 25th, too. It looks like an exceptionally fun time and the cake has me drooling. I love it.

    Thanks for sharing the celebration in your town, your anniversary, the soap, and your postcards with us for T this Tuesday. Have a great trip and I look forward to seeing your sister's wedding, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post, so much to see and read. Congrats on your anniversary, glad you were able to have such a nice celebration with your friends. The fiesta looks great, what a lot of fun for everybody. And that soap looks so fabulous, wow. Great postcard, too. Enjoy your trip through Spain, France and England. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy post with wonderful photographs of an eventful week. Happy silver anniversary to you and I hope you have a wonderful trip. A great idea to have gifts of the soap special to where you live,

    Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing post filled with so much happiness and celebration! The fiesta is such a lovely way to bring family and friends together, I enjoyed seeing the parade, fireworks and dancing - Ole! ... lol 😁. Your wedding anniversary party looks perfect and from the photos it looks like everyone had such a great time! Love the soap too, they look so pretty and are such a wonderful gift! Wishing you happy travels, enjoy seeing your family and of course your sister's wedding 😁. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 25 Anniversary! What a fabulous celebration you had! 7-Up is still made. I prefer it to Sprite which I think tastes too sweet. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 25th! Looks like you had plenty of help celebrating :) I'm glad the water came back on. The fiesta sounds like great fun. I've never heard of a "foam fest". That soap will make perfect gifts! Have a great trip!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated anniversary wishes to you both, what a wonderful way to celebrate....excluding the "no water" LOL!
    Yes, we still have 7Up in the States.
    That soap looks amazing, I can only imagine how fine it feels on your skin being made with olive oil. THAT was one BIG piece of soap!!
    Love your whole post and all the colorful photos of the 5 day event....so interesting.
    Have a lovely trip to see your family....Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris i hardly know where to begin commenting....lol First Happy Anniversary! I'm amazed you threw your own 25 anniv party!! I'am so not cooking on my anniversay...lol Everything looked fabulous. You did an awesome job! And that soap! OMGosh that soap.. i have a thing for homemade soap... I hope you have a fabulous trip Lisca!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just rereading my comment Lisca... don't know why i called you Chris...I'am trying to multitask ....Daughter is talking to me on the phone...lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! a milestone indeed, and wonderful that you are enjoying each day together. Looks like you've had a busy and fun week. I adore the handmade soaps as gifts!! your party looks like it was so much fun, especially the sing along. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! Looks like a lot of hard work but clearly a lot of fun too - until the water went off! Loved seeing the photos of the Fiesta and the folk festival! Enjoy your trip - I hope the weather improves before you arrive in England - although I think the South have had it slightly better than we have! By the time you come back we will be heading down to Southern France by train! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aviso: Don't bother answering my questions. They're rhetorical ;-)

    Is the festival called fiestas patronales like here in Mexico, Lisca? It sounds/looks very similar. All the ausentes come home for visits from far afield. It's exciting and wondrous. But at our age ;-), we plan ahead, stock up and stay home!

    Happy 25th to you both! What a wonderful spread you laid out for your guests. "Sod's law" - could that be the same as what we call "Murphy's law?" Everything that go wrong, will!

    You're just full of wonderful news this week! The artisanal soaps for your sister's wedding are extra-special. I bet everyone loves them. How thoughtful of you.

    Yes, 7-Up is still made, as are all the other brands in your postcard.

    Have a wonderful trip!

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 25th anniversary! Lots of celebrations for you😉🎉💞 Enjoy your holidays. 1st time I have seen a wall of soap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful post dear Lisca! Happy anniversary! That's awesome - happy holidays and have a wonderful trip!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete