Friday 18 August 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 18 August 2017 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely people,


I am writing this on Thursday evening as tomorrow morning (Friday morning) we shall be setting out on our road trip to the UK. I am apologising in advance that I won't be able to comment much for the next 5 weeks, but I will try to blog something (wifi permitting) along the way.


My postcard today comes from Taiwán:


It shows the beautiful Yangmingshan National Park. It was sent by someone calling herself Terre et Moi (French for 'the earth and me'). She writes: "Greetings from Taiwán. I am also a Geology-major and my husband is a geologist. Taiwán is a Young mountain belt. We do have some small volcanoes in Northern Taiwán in this National Park."


The stamps are also stunning:


This week has been a wonderful, fun filled week (see my Tuesday blog which is full of photos).


Thursday, in addition to the packing we had to do, we ordered our new kitchen at the carpenters. I'm having oak doors in a light stain.
We are building a Little 'garden flat', as in, ground floor appartment, so that if/when we are old and grey and can't manage the stairs anymore, we can live there. We have done the bathroom and the bedroom and our visitors have used it last month. We have discovered it is nice and cool, so perhaps we will make the flat our summer residence.....
This is the carpenter's workshop, just outside the village:
The man on the right is Antonio the carpenter.
Here is a display of doors. We chose the one on the left for our new flat.
He showed us upstairs too. Sorry this photo is slightly out of focus...


Now for a couple of funnies:

Well, that is it from me. We'll be off son travelling through Spain and through France to St Malo, where we catch the ferry to Portsmouth. From there we travel up to Cheshire. We're allowing ourselves 3 days to get to the ferry. (We don't like driving at night) Ferry on the 22nd, and travelling up the country on the 23rd. Phew! That is going to be a long journey.


Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Lisca

8 comments:

  1. Safe travelling my friend. I hope you have a wonderful time over here.....I'm sure you will find it a lot cooler.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless that is quite a road trip, happy travels and hope you have fun along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Lisca, the postcard and stamps are beautiful. How nice to have a winter and summer residence, and all in the same building. Have a safe and enjoyable journey - I hope the weather keeps good for you. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the smiles today! I bet you are so excited about your travels - wishing you happy adventures, enjoy! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisca, thought I wouldn't get to you today as the internet has been down. Great post today and hope you have a lovely trip. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip Lisca. At least you have your lovely new car to do it in.
    I love the postcard. That is so beautiful.
    The flat is going to be lovely when it is all finished, and anywhere that is a bit cooler is a blessing in the summer.
    Safe travels. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisca,
    Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog :)
    Your Friday Smiles sound so lovely :)
    I hope you have a great trip and I love that postcard, so pretty!
    Devon x

    ReplyDelete