Tuesday 25 April 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 25 April 2017 - T for Warnemunde, photoclub outing, and churros

Hello T-gang, 

Are you all sitting comfortably? (This catch phrase will only be understood by British people of a certain age...), then I will begin.

Let's start with my postcard. I received this card from Germany last week:
It is a map card, and I love map cards. Warnemünde is a German port town on the Baltic Sea, near Rostock, in what used to be Eastern Germany.. It's known for its long beachfront and marina,and a cruise-ship stop. Nearby, the Alter Strom canal is lined with shops and fishing boats. The Edvard Munch Haus, former home of the renowned expressionist painter, runs exhibitions and events. 

The card was sent to me by Edith, who writes that she enjoys reading, city trips, photography and tea time with friends. Well, she is (indirectly) joining this little tea party! Lol!

I'm joining Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover who hosts our t-party today. Please join us with a post with a drink in it.

I spent a lovely Sunday with lots of eating and drinking in it, so I will share some photos.

I am a member of the local photoclub and last Sunday we hosted a day visit for all the other clubs in the province. We met in the morning at the village town hall:
Where the flags are, is a little balcony. I was standing underneath and as I looked up, I noticed the tiles on the bottom of the balcony:
When everyone had arrived, (about 85 people), we went to a local restaurant for breakfast in the shape of 'churros and hot chocolate'. 

Churros are made of a sort of choux pastry that is extruded in long thin shapes. Then deep fried and cut up into 7" (ish) pieces and served hot:
Here is my portion. The chocolate is very thick. You could stand your spoon up in it. The idea is to dip the churro in the chocolate and enjoy!
Very yummy I do declare!

Here we are sitting waiting for the churros to be fried. The restaurant is unusual in that the roof slides open in the summer and the first floor is open like a balcony.
As we are a group of photograph enthusiasts, one chap went upstairs and started taking photos from the first floor.
Then we went on a guided tour of the village. A local historian explained historical buildings and the mayoress, who is also a member of the club could talk about certain other things. I will share photos of the village on Friday.
At 2:30 we had lunch (outside) at long tables as there were so many of us. We had ordered in advance what we wanted so the serving went quite smoothly in spite of the large number of people.
And here is a close-up of the jar for the tea-party. 
It contains Tinto de Verano, a mix of red wine and lemonade, with ice cubes. A typical summer drink.
Here I am ordering another drink.

At the end of the day, a photographic exhibition was inaugurated:
A great day was had by all. I met lots of interesting people, and got to put faces to names in our local club. I got talking to one girl about blogging and it turns out she is a scrapbooker too! Extraordinary! Scrapbooking never caught on in Spain and very few people do it. 

It did occur to me that I haven't done any scrapbooking for an awful long time. "Must do better!"

That's it from me today. 
Happy T-Day all.
Hugs,
Lisca

17 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed the wonderful walk around your city and the fun you had with photos. I'm a photo enthusiast, too, so this was very interesting.

    I LOVE churros, and dipped in chocolate is even better. They are often served in Mexican restaurants and at outdoor fairs, but are covered in disgusting powdered sugar, not chocolate. I've only had that in California.

    Red wine and lemonade? I have friends who might enjoy that combination. I'll settle for coffee, thank you!

    Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos and your various drinks with us for T this Tuesday. Sounds like you found a like minded friend at the end of the tour. Maybe the two of you can set up a scrapbook play day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postcard detailing the map is lovely and it's nice to welcome Edith to the T Party ... Lol :-) . The photo club looks so much fun and how wonderful to all get together, those churrios look so delicious with the thick chocolate - yummy indeed! The tiles and architecture are beautiful, I'm sometimes amazed by what you see when you look upwards, it's a good tip for photographers :-) . Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, loving this week's postcard-do you put them all in a scrapbook? It must be fun looking at them all again.
    I have never had churros and chocolate sounds delicious. what a fun day for all of you!
    I have never heard of red wine and lemonade-sounds delicious going to try it this summer thanks
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tinto de verano-I need to check that out as it sounds like a really nice summer wine drink. And I love churros, but here they are dipped in cinnamon sugar and not chocolate-but oh the chocolate dipping sounds really good. :) I need to check that out too. happy T day Lisca. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the postcard you got, Warnemünde is a beautiful place, I went there some years back for a holiday. The place you visited looks great, love those tiles, and those churros are fantastic, they have them at the Spanish restaurant here. Have a nice week, and happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific postcard tonshow and how wonderful,to,be in a photographic club. Looks like you enjoyed the food and drink on the day. Churros look warming and tasty, I have never seen those before

    Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a photographiy club sopunds great - amazing postcard . Oh churros must be delicious!
    Happy T-Day
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a large gathering, lots of photographers in the area it seems. I enjoyed looking at the building, the tiles under that bit of roof were very interesting. Did you have a photo in that exhibit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time! The red wine/lemonade mixture intrigues me...is it somewhat like Sangria?
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A photo club sounds intriguing. That looks like a good meeting place, with interesting shots to be had :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a grand day! Lovely postcard...but when I read that 85 people went to breakfast and lunch together, I was rather horrified for the restaurant staff.(grin* my hubby and I have both worked in restaurants and know how that can go!) Quite a challenge, but so glad to hear it went smoothly. the churros and chocolate look amazing! and a photo gallery show too. Certainly an eventful & wonderful day! Happy T day...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisca... what a wonderful day.. I would have enjoyed that very much.... Love the hangingbaskets of plants... and your food looks yummy... i have never had a churro.. but everything tastes good with chocolate.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weather looks great, and I love the look of the restaurant, especially looking up! Beautiful photos and a great postcard. I might like the wine/lemonade mix because I love sangria. Is it similar? Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a very fun day, Lisca. We have churros here but they're not dipped in chocolate. That sounds yummy! Churros in this part of Mexico are more like sugar doughnuts in a different shape. The Tinto de Verano sounds very refreshing.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I was sitting comfortably. It was a super post to read and I loved seeing all the great photos, you were visiting a lovely area.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've only heard the expression are you sitting comfortably from a Doctor Who episode called the Idiot's Lantern. The premise was a television program from the early days of television except the woman host was an alien, called The Wire, who sucked the brains of those who stared at the television screen all day. :-D Your German map postcard is wonderful. I love looking at maps sometimes the best way to travel without leaving the house. The tile under the balcony is beautiful. A good reminder to look up from time to time or you might miss something. the churros with the chocolate dipping sauce is making my mouth water.You certainly had an awesome day. I've heard of lemonade and beer or iced tea and lemonade mixed together, but never red wine and lemonade. I'm not too fond of red wine as I prefer sweet white. Might have to try white wine and lemonade as the weather gets warmer. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love tiles and These are extraordinary beautiful. the architecture of the town hall reminds me of our visit in barcelona´s poble espanyiol last year.
    sounds like you really had a great day! and the postcard is awesome, too!
    happy belated t-day and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete