Friday 28 April 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 28 April - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely people, 
Wanne see a funny postcard? I received this one from Finland and it is by well known Finnish illustrator Inge Löök. 
Yes, it's the naughty aunties again. They always make me smile. And today is all about smiles. Please join us at Annie's A Stitch In Time to share your smiles, your silver lining and your glass that is half full (rather than half empty).
The stamp was nice too:


I'm also joining Virginia with Rocking Your World Friday and telling you all what sort of a week I've had.

Last Friday I made a mean fish pie as we had bought some smoked haddock in the English shop on the coast on our last campervan outing. (Can't get smoked fish in Spain, they don't seem to like it).
Also on Friday I booked a ferry from Portsmouth to Santander. 

We weren't going to book our return journey and just see how our trip to the UK would pan out. But I saw an offer of 249 pounds sterling for a car, two passengers and an outside cabin. That is a very good price for a 28 hour crossing. So I'm very pleased with myself.

I can't remember what I did Saturday. I think I did some scrapbooking, which I can't show you as it is a friend's wedding album.

Sunday was a fab day. I am a member of the local village photoclub, and it was our turn to host a gettogether of the clubs in the province. It was also the first time I participated in club activities and I was a bit apprehensive as I didn't know anyone. But I needn't have worried, everybody made me feel very welcome.


 We met outside the town hall and had the group photo taken. 
 We went on a walk through the village led by a historian and we visited the church first (before mass started). I had not been in that church before so it was interesting for me. Here are some photos:


 The ceiling:




Just a stroll through the village
And then a great meal at a local restaurant.
At the end of the day there was a photo exhibition.
That was a really lovely day. 

The rest of the week was quite mundane. I started a new jigsaw: El Rastro Madrid. El Rastro is a market and I'm sure I'm going to have fun doing this one.

 Yesterday I went to the hospital for my oncology check-up. I got the all clear for another year! Woohoo! That was definitely my biggest smile!

Now for some funnies:




That's it from me this time. Have a lovely weekend.
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a busy week. Love all the kitty funnies, very clever. But most of all I love the Aunties and must copy it to show my friend, there is a reason. Close to where my friend lives there is a very old public orchard and whenever we go to pick apples someone will have already been and taken the ones low down so we have to climb up and shake the branches which is good fun but I fear that one day we may look like these two Lol! Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisca your funnies really had me chuckling today. They are all brilliant. The naughty Aunty cards always make me smile....I think I see myself in them lol
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat funnies cracked me up. I especially liked the final selfie. :) Sounds like you had a good week. hope You have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so glad that you got the all clear - always a massive positive, loved the stroll through the village with you and the cat posts - really made me giggle! I hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Auntie's postcard and the kitty funnies had me smiling - so funny! Sounds like you've had a busy week, so productive and so much fun too! Wishing you a lovely weekend full of happiness and smiles! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca, lovely post with lots of fab photos. The naughty aunties are so funny and the cat funnies had me chuckling. Your stroll round the village looked a lot of fun and so very interesting too. Hope this week has been as much fun for you so far too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete