Tuesday 11 April 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 11 April 2017 - T for Italy and China

Good Morning All!

How are you today? It being Tuesday I have  some drink (and food) related stuff to share as well as a postcard.

The postcard comes from China:

I don't really know what it represents.. (No, it's not a flied egg!). The sender does not write anything on the back apart from 'Greetings from Shenzhen'. I have found out that Shenzhen is next to HongKong. The card was posted on the 17th of February and has come via surface mail, which takes a long time, but is probably cheaper to send. (I received it this week).
The stamps are beautiful:
Each is different. 

Now I'm going to join the T-party at Elisabeth and Bleubeard's. Our Danish neighbours use their house as a holiday home and they come five times a year. (It's cold in Denmark while here it's warmer and the sun shines). They were here last week and we went out in the nearby town where there is a pizzeria.
Here we are outside the restaurant when I shout: stop!  I need to take a picture! Hubby is holding my bag while I click away.
So we went in and sat down.
Mine is a white wine:
This was the salad:

There were so many types of pizza, it was difficult to choose:
This one had spicy chorizo on it.

Another view of the restaurant, this time without my glass of wine in it.
Here is another pizza:
I think this was mine. Very tasty. And thin and crispy, as it should be. They had an authentic wood fired oven:
There was lots of pizza left, so we had it all put in a box and we took it home. I individually wrapped each pizza quarter and stuck it in the freezer, so I can have a snack when I feel like it.

That is it from me today. 
Happy T-Day all,
Hugs,
Lisca

PS. Elisabeth, I don't seem to be able to comment on your blog. But I really liked the little 'maranitos' (marano = pig). I have never seen them here.
Your ceramic houses are very beautiful. (and useful too). Thank you for sharing those things.

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you had. The pizza looks delicious. And, I always enjoy reading about your postcards. My best to you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card from China, great stamps, too. Your food looks wonderful and has me drooling over the keyboard early in the morning! A nice pizza with chorizo, yummy! Have a great week, Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link to those figures:
    http://www.lokalkompass.de/duesseldorf/kultur/die-9-saeulenheiligen-von-christoph-poeggeler-d133223.html

    Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the link. They are fascinating. So life-like!

      Delete
  4. Lisca, my blog is now fixed and I have added you to the Linky list. Before I forget, may I add your blog to my left sidebar? I will only do so if you give me permission.

    I wonder if that was a lid in the postcard with the photo taken from overhead.

    Your pizzas look wonderful and I enjoyed the view from outside the restaurant. I would LOVE those black olives about now (grin).

    Thanks for sharing your postcard and pizzas, as well as your wine with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your blog problem is fixed. What a palaver!
      Thanks for linking me. Yes, of course you may add me to your sidebar. I appreciate you asking first. That is very thoughtful of you.

      Delete
  5. I love the design of that postcard - whatever it is, it is a beautiful and intricately carved piece of jade. Nice to see your yummy meal too - I think it's lunch time now I've seen everyone's food and drink posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a lovely postcard and stamps. I was really drawn to the delicious looking pizza you had in the restaurant and a good idea to have snacks in the freezer with the remaining pieces.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the postcard and stamps. Nothing like a wood fired pizzaria-which I happened to share for this T day too;)Those pizzas look amazing even though I'd skip the meat. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your postcard comments made me smile and the postage stamps are gorgeous, they are such beautiful images. How wonderful to go to an authentic pizzeria with a wood fired oven, the pizzas look so delicious and I'd love to have a slice or two in my freezer in case I get the munchies! Wishing you the happiest of T Days! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous stamps on your lovely postcard! The pizza place you went to looks great! Good idea to take some home - I must say I do hate waste and will take excess food home if I can! Happy Easter and Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's noting better than wood fired pizza. Yours looks yummy. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I always enjoy seeing what postcard you have gotten-that pizza place looks wonderful! good eats for sure
    Happy T Day
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy T Day

    What a variety of pizzas and they looks so tasty

    Great postcard but not a clue what it is

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the stamps on the postcard. I always think of postage stamps as a bonus art on the envelope. Happy
    T(o)day.:)Nan

    ReplyDelete
  14. i always love to see your Special postcards and of course their stamps.
    happy easter time, lisca!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This postcard is a gem! And the super stamps! great!
    Amazing food - makes me really hungry just now!
    Have a great week, Happy belated T Day, hugs,Susi

    ReplyDelete
  16. "flied egg" You're too funny, Lisca! I really would like to know what it signifies though.

    Thin crust pizza - I love it, my hubby likes thick. Guess which we have when we get pizza ;-)

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete