Friday 3 October 2014

Where the Wild things Are (scrapbook page)

Where the Wild Things Are 

Hi peeps! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd like to show you these unusual trees and the scrapbook page that I made of that photo.

The challenge this week with CSI Stories, Colors and inspiration, (http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/) was:
'Document something strange or weird.' 

Well, these ‘trees’ in my opinion are the weirdest things I’ve ever seen! (Very beautiful though!) 
We were in Calpe, on the Costa Brava in Spain in January last year when we walked along the seafront boulevard and spotted these trees/cacti. I had never seen anything like this and I have no idea what they are called. Does anyone know?

I managed the two green colours and the purple, which I thought was a gorgeous combination although I would never have chosen it... There is some white (not a lot I admit) and black in the lettering.

The evidence is found in the leaves, cogs and gears which I have all covered with glossy accents (which might not be so obvious in the photo). There is a black ‘wire’ and I did fake sewing which could count as penwork as I did it with a pen.

The wordart is from Elegant Wordart (A lady called Bethany in El Paso, but who no longer does that since last year). 
The two patterned papers are bits of real handmade papers from India which I received as a birthday present a few years ago. They are all bright colours so I’m glad I got to use some more of it.


The words 'Where the wild things are' is printed from my computer (with a printer) but then I managed to smudge the ink! aarghh! So I had to hide the worst smudge with a black 'cog' and flower, the rest is still visible, but hey, that's life!

I'm still crafting on my kitchen table! Still living in a building site, but at least the build is going well. We had some rain yesterday but that was in the evening and it didn't affect the work. From now on it's going to be warm and sunny again. Once the roof is on it won't matter so much. Here's a shot:
That's it for today. Thanks for popping by and for your lovely (and encouraging) comments.

God bless

Lisca

6 comments:

  1. I'm running very slow.. But I made it. Thanks so much for the peek. Oh I see you made it so mine too. lol ok so we are both running behind. All is good in crafty time. Thanks Roberta 66

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a 'real' house! As for smudges.....they make the BEST pages, cos we have to do something 'different'....well - that's MY theory & I'm sticking with it!!! LOOOVE your page - that cacti thingy is pretty darn weird...& the title is inspired! love that book, too - Max is 'cool'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, Lisca, and I must admit I've never seen trees like that before! Certainly worth celebrating with a layout and some great colours too. If you hadn't pointed it out I'd never have noticed the smudging, and even now, not quite sure I've spotted it correctly! Your new house is coming on beautifully. What an exciting project to be sure.

    Thank you for your lovely comment, and I am glad you enjoyed your virtual attendance at my felt class! We certainly are having fun with it. Glad you like what I've done so far.

    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete