Tuesday 28 October 2014

Me? Messy? Scrapbook page

Me? Messy? Scrapbook page

 I really like doing the scrapbook challenges of CSI Color, Stories and Inspiration. (http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/)
This was last week's challenge:


The colors were a good combination. I really liked them and I made a layout with all of those.
This is my layout which I called: 'Me? Messy?'


The evidence is found in the polka dots, triangles, ribbon (small yellow piece sticking out), buttons, metal (the brad) and flowers.
Testimony: I decided to journal about my creativity. The other week’s “Left brain/right brain” challenge got me thinking. I really want to develop the right side of my brain, but it’s not easy.
The journaling is hidden behind the photo and reads:
"After having done a scrapbook page about right and left sides of the brain and coming to the conclusion that I am firmly in the left sided camp, I decided I wanted to develop the right side of my brain. This means being creative, thinking outside the box, and in scrapbook terms: being messy!

This is a photo of my desk. Not a paint brush in sight, no gesso or ink sprays. No palette knives or torn up books or modelling paste. This has got to change. I’m going to make an effort. I have sourced some gesso and modelling paste... I’m using my ink for the first time and I made sure the photo was not straight!
I’m still ‘afraid’ of the ink. I will have to watch some tutorials and learn. I’ll have to be a bit bold and try things out. This is a completely new journey for me. I would never have dared embark on this journey if I didn’t have such encouraging  online craft friends.  So a big thank you to all of you!"








I was given two little plant pots at the check out at Lidls supermarket a while ago. The plants looked half dead and they were handing them out to anyone who wanted one. Then with a bit of TLC and water this is the result: Some gorgeous pansies!






That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow showing you my desk for Whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday.

Until then, 
Blessings
Lisca




















No comments:

Post a Comment