Tuesday 9 April 2024

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 9 April 2024 - T for vacacion

 Hello lovely peeps,

I'm sitting in a hotel room on the east coast of Spain. I'm having a little holiday with my daughter in a coastal village called Garrucha. I'll show you some photos but first, here is my postcard for today:


Mazamet is nestled at the edge of the Montagne Noire (Black Mountains) with its vast forests. It’s in the heart of the regional natural park of Haute-Languedoc. Located between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, it’s just 90 minutes from the beaches and around 45 minutes from Carcassonne, the fabulous medieval walled city that’s one of the wonders of France.

Despite being one in one of the sunniest areas of France, this is an area of lush green valleys and verdant vineyards. Here you’ll enjoy lazy lunches in the sun, vibrant local markets where you’ll be able to buy the local cheese, Roquefort; plus lots of activities and historic, cultural visits.



The stamp is beautiful:
And we all know who Napoleon is. 

On May 5, 1821, Napoléon Bonaparte died aged 51, imprisoned on the isolated British outpost of St Helena in the south Atlantic. The diminutive Corsican who went from obscure French artillery officer to the Emperor dominating continental Europe is still a subject of fierce contention 200 years after his death. Was he a visionary genius or brutal tyrant – or indeed a combination of the two?
A commemorative stamp of French Emperor Napoléon I at the French national printing house of postage stamps in Boulazac, France, on March 31, 2021. 


Today I'm joining Elizabeth and Bluebeard for the T-Party. Above is my drink and there might be more, who knows.

Just before I left on my holidays, my friend Kim and I had our hair cut 
and then went out for a drink:



The bar was one that we have been before, and it is full of herbs being dried.
The owner is the wife of the local plumber.

Very nice people.


Now we (my daughter and I) are on the coast:
Crystal clear water.

I knew there would be another drink somewhere.


This tree was enormous!



There was a plaque saying it was an Australian fig tree. It didn't look anything like our fig trees which have large leaves.

I will call it a day. More photos of my holiday on Friday.

Happy T-Day all!

Lisca








6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thank you again for going with pop-up comments. Really lovely postcard and a nice stamp, too. Difficult to say who Napoleon really was!!! The more I read, the less sure I am of him.

The first photo with Kim after your haircut makes you look very much like your sister. It was striking, in fact. My haircut is very similar to yours. Did mine for my driver's license photo.

LOVED the herbs drying. I would love to visit there and see all their herbs.

Looks like you and your daughter are having a wonderful time together. You both look so happy. Thanks for sharing your postcard, haircut, and trip with your daughter with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.



Iris Flavia said...

Seems like many small men are dangerous... just look at Hi#ler or Pu#in...
Either way nice postcard and such a great place where you´ve been with your friend!
And with your Daughter - enjoy your holiday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Lisca, how lovely for you to be on holiday again, it all looks lovely. Sea-air and plenty of coffee - who needs more? Enjoy your time by the sea, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you are having a fabulous get away Lisca. I am loving that haircut too. You look ready for some warm spring and summery weather. And that is a cool little bar, I love the herbs and the decor. Have a great T day too. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

What a lovely post. Spending time with your daughter is always the best. Your hair looks great. Have a nice day today.

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun to vacation with your daughter. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Happy T Day