Friday 30 September 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 30 September 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are on Friday again. The week just flies by.

Let me show you a fun postcard:

It comes to me from Poland and it is called: Her Ladyship Baroness by Dobroslawa Ruranska.

Dobrosława Rurańska

Born in 1990.

Graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice. Diploma in book graphic in 2015.

In 2014, won the Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage for students of art schools.



Designs illustrations and poster. Collects all kinds of books. Lives and works in Katowice.



Website: http://dobrusiaruranska.blogspot.com


The stamp is very nice.



 I have written about this stamp before but I can't remember where, so here is a bit of info:

Jerzy Iwanow-Szajnowicz Warsaw, 14 December 1911 – Athens, 4 January 1943) was a Polish-Greek athlete who fought as a saboteur in the Greek Resistance during World War II and was executed by the Germans. Read more here.


The card was sent to me by Alina who lives in Gdansk. She has added round stickers with constellations on them. Cute.


So this part I had written a day before. Fast forward to today (Thursday):

I will keep this short but hubby took a turn for the worst in the night and I took him to the emergency department of the local hospital, where they did several tests. Then decided to send him to the big teaching hospital in Granada in a ambulance. He’s a bit better this evening. He is in The observation part of the emergency department. I’ve checked into a hotel opposite the hospital. So I have no funnies for you as they are all on my PC.
Our driver.

It is about an hour’s drive to Granada.

Hubby being settled on the stretcher.

I have since checked into a simple hotel, opposite the hospital:
The good news is that hubby is feeling much better, the urgency has passed. So that is my smile for today!
I will link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time to share my smile with all you other ladies.

Have a great weekend all!
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca





9 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

In real life she is beautiful!

Scary moments.
Glad your hubby is better!
Best well wishes! And hugs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a scare for both you and Graham. I'm so relieved he is doing better. I know that must have taken its toll on you, too.

That is a very unique postcard, Lisca. That artist is beautiful and her work is charming. Please stay safe. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

mamapez5 said...

So glad you had a smile today even if it was preceeded by a vry worrying time. Graham is obviously struggling but God willing he will pullthrough and begin to get stronger. I will keep you oth on my prayer list. That was quite a long drive for in in the ambulance wasn't it. I am glad they are taking good care of graham, and hope you don't have to stay in your hotel for too laon. Kate x

Annie said...

So sorry to hear about your emergency with Graham but pleased he's feeling a little better now....hope he continues to improve.
Love the illustrations at the top...what a tallented artist.
Sending you both big hugs.
Annie x

DVArtist said...

I am so sorry to hear about Graham. I am glad he has good care with you and the doctors. Prays and love sent to you both.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry I'm late today been on the road most of the day and the weather was awful and the roads busy. Loving the postcard and what great art work. You must have had a very difficult day and hope Graham continues to make good progress. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Mae Travels said...

So sorry to hear that your husband needs once again to be hospitalized, and I hope his recovery is continuing. Your comment on Elizabeth's blog suggests that he is getting better. I hope he can go home soon.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

PS... since you like trains and we visit each other not regularly I just wanted to let you know I have another one of Innotrans here today :-)

Celtic house said...

Ah Lisca I'm so sorry hubby had to go into hospital sending you both the biggest hugs xxx