Tuesday 17 May 2022

A Postcard A day - Tuesday 17 May 2022 - T for Tuesday

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again, ready for the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard. Bring a beverage of your choice and lets have fun!

I will show you my beverage later but first I'd like to share a postcard with you. I'm sharing this particular one of the British royal family (Well, it's Prince William and his family) as his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, is celebrating her Jubilee.

The card was sent to me from Canada by Emma. The card was published by The Monarchist League of Canada. The names of the children are not mentioned on the card and I don't know them. But a visit to Google will satisfy that curiosity.

The stamps are gorgeous:


Of course Margaret Atwood needs no introduction. (I confess I didn't know she was Canadian).

This is what Wikipedia writes about her:

Margaret Eleanor Atwood (born November 18, 1939) is a Canadian poet, novelist, literary critic, essayist, teacherenvironmental activist, and inventor. Since 1961, she has published 18 books of poetry, 18 novels, 11 books of non-fiction, nine collections of short fiction, eight children's books, and two graphic novels, and a number of small press editions of both poetry and fiction. Atwood has won numerous awards and honors for her writing, including two Booker Prizes, the Arthur C. Clarke Award, the Governor General's Award, the Franz Kafka PrizePrincess of Asturias Awards, and the National Book Critics and PEN Center USA Lifetime Achievement Awards. A number of her works have been adapted for film and television.

Atwood's works encompass a variety of themes including gender and identity, religion and myth, the power of language, climate change, and "power politics". Many of her poems are inspired by myths and fairy tales which interested her from a very early age.

Then there is a tiny stamp with a lovely smiley photo of Queen Elizabeth. I really like the stamp with the moose. When I was visiting relatives in Alberta, we commented that we had never seen a moose. My relative said, oh, my neighbour has some. I'll drive you down to see them. Two hours drive on a dirt road get us to the neighbor. Only to find that the moose weren't there! Then we had to drive two hours back. His wife was not very pleased, I can tell you as we were going to have a BBQ that evening, but it had gotten late... Oops.


Now for my 'ticket' to the T-Party:

We met up on Tuesday with a friend in Granada and we went to this Italian restaurant. Hubby and our friend had salmon and I had a lovely goats cheese salad and a glass of white wine. It was delicious. This is the restaurant. We sat at the table on the corner.

On Wednesday we went for a walk in one of the lovely parks near the hotel:



Thursday hubby had his last treatment and when I went to pick him up from the hospital, I saw nurses outside the front door celebrating Nurses' Day.


We took a taxi to the bus station and got on the bus to go home. At the bus station I bought some postcards for my Postcrossing hobby. The lady put them in a home made recycled paper bag:
The bag was made out of a toy catalogue. She said her elderly mother made them at home. I thought Elizabeth might appreciate this.



Ahh! It's so nice to be home! Hubby's first thing was to say hello to our chickens.

Who gave us 5 eggs. (My friend had been looking after them).

Of course the next morning I started a washing marathon:

The last week we were in Granada, winter turned into summer! 
And when we got home, hubby decided he needed to get rid of the chimney pipe, so we could use the sun screen. The sun is very hot, so we do need that sun screen over our patio.



Also on my to-do list was going to the post office to collect my mail. There was a parcel from England:
It came from Elle, (Empire of the Cat). She had made this beautiful coaster of tartan material. The blue and green is hubby's tartan, so that was a lovely surprise (He descends from the MacKay family).
A most gorgeous tag! And a Fudge chocolate bar. That bar brought back memories. Hubby used to work in a chocolate factory before retiring. And it was the Cadbury chocolate factory that made the Fudge bar! It was the factory in Keynsham. In 2010 the factory was closed and the production went to Poland.
Thank you Elle! You put a huge smile on my face!

That is all from me today.
Happy T-Day all!
Hugs,
Lisca
























14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, it must feel so good to be done with treatments and back home again. fresh eggs would be wonderful, I loved the stamps too on the postcard, and really loved the recycled bag made for the postcards you picked up-that was really nice. Loved seeing your gift from Elle, her tags are so lovely-and cool about the tartan being your husband's colors Happy T hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

I enjoyed seeing the postcard of Prince William's family...beautiful!
I have heard of Margaret Atwood. I think her book the Handmaid's Tale is very popular but I have not read it as I am not interested in her story lines.
Your hubby looks great from the pictures and one could never tell that he just experienced a period of treatments. Such a great picture of him with the chickens. I am sure that you were excited to be home again even if it did require you to wash tons of laundry.
It looks like you got a lot of postcards. I have always enjoyed buying postcards whenever I visit a new place. That is a great paper bag.
Happy Tea Day, Lisca.
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, I am so glad you are home! And hubby looks like he is doing fine, climbing ladders and such. I love the bag the postcards were in. How fun! Happy T Day!

My name is Erika. said...

You must be excited for treatments to be over and to be home again. I hope those treatments were successful and you don't have to go back again. And I do like all those photos of you and the ones of the hubby this week. I hope you have a wonderful T day and week at home. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry about the missing moose.
But what a nice place to eat out and oh, you both look so happy :-)
Nurse´s Day, that is good!
And I love that recycled paper bag.
And nothing better than fresh eggs like that!

Beautiful gift from Elle.
Happy T-Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

So happy that you are back home and that your hubby's treatment is finished. He certainly isnt wasting time sitting around now that he's back home! Your salad and the place where you ate look great. Happy T Day, Valerie

Jackie McGuinness said...

You had a great week!!! We had summer last week too.

Divers and Sundry said...

Your salad and wine looks delicious, and you had the perfect people-watching spot. "Last treatment" are happy words to hear. Y'all look happy. I'm waving at your chickens :) They're bringing me smiles :) Happy T Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Elle you are just making so many people smile!!! I see evidence of your kindness all over the T party! So so good to hear your hubby had his last treatment Lisca! Something about men on ladders makes me nervous.. Lord knows hubby makes me nervous on ladders even though i know he's perfectly capable.. lol Love seeing your food and drink... i love a good salad , especially when someone else makes it!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got an error when I tried to publish. Did it twice. Now I'm back for a third time.

Nice to see Graham home, collecting eggs, and removing the pipe while on a tall ladder.

I see you also got a bunny tag. They are so beautiful, as are the tartan inspired fabrics Elle used. Glad you got the wash out of the way.

What a great way to recycle paper. I love how the seller of the postcards recycled her toy catalog. Unique and great way to recycle, too.

Loved reading about your salad and white wine. Nice that Graham was able to eat his salmon, too. Thanks for sharing your week and your wine, as well as Elle's gift with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

DVArtist said...

Lovely post and so nice to see Graham with his chickens. LOL I know both of you are glad to be home. Lovely gift from Elle. She is so thought ful.

Mae Travels said...

Great to see that you are home and that your husband is so energetic already!

Your blog is one of those that won't accept comments from my iPad, only from my computer or laptop. Some blogs do allow me to comment. Count me among the bloggers who can't figure out what's going on.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm really hoping that this publishes this week! I have been reading your posts but unable to comment! I think you made a good decision to stay in Granada - travelling back and to must have been exhausting! Love the pic with the chickens! Fresh eggs again! Love the postcard and stamps, such a lovely family photo. What a clever idea to make those bags and a great gift from Elle. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Empire of the Cat said...

Glad you received the package when you got home. I got your message also, how funny that your husband used to work at Cadbury! Glad the fudge brought back some memories too. Love the Margaret Atwood stamp and the moose, I do enjoy her writing. Hope you have finished your washing marathon and are settled back in at home again, and the chickens are glad to see you. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx