Friday 3 December 2021

 

Hello lovely ladies, It's Friday again and this blog is always about the positive things in life, the things that made me smile and the silver lining along the storm clouds.
So I've chosen two cards that show pretty flowers. They make me think of spring. (Yes, I know, winter has only just begun and I'm already longing for the spring!)
The first card comes from Germany:

It is one of the botanical drawings of Rita Muelbauer. I have featured her before in one of my blogs. She is a painter from Munich who specializes in mushrooms. 
 But this particular card is about the Adscita statices, the green forester, it is a moth of the family Zygaenidae. It is found in Europe, Mongolia and western Russia.
The sender of this card also put a sticker on the back with this little poem:

It translates something like this:
If you want to be happy in life, contribute to the happiness of others. Because the joy that we give, will return to our own hearts.



The second card comes from the USA:




It's also something from nature: a yellow orchid: Laelia Orchid.
Laelia is a small genus of 25 species in the orchid family (Orchidaceae).[1] Laelia species are found in areas of subtropical or temperate climate in Central and South America, but mostly in Mexico.[2] Laelia is abbreviated L. in the horticultural trade.
The stamps are gorgeous. The one on the left features red grapes, the middle one has daffodils and the one on the right shows the Merced River

YOSEMITE VALLEY — One of the area’s most spectacular waterways is among the stars of a new series of “forever” stamps issued by the U.S. Postal Service.



The Merced River is one of 12 U.S. rivers featured in the new “National Wild and Scenic River System” stamp series, which was unveiled and went on sale earlier this summer.

The colorful stamps feature photographs of 12 American rivers that have been designated “Wild and Scenic.” In addition to the Merced, other iconic U.S. rivers featured in the series include the Flathead, Deschutes, Owyhee, Snake, Skagit and Missouri Rivers.


Now lets see what I have been up to this week:

On Friday I went to the post office to collect a parcel. I had to pay quite a lot of import tax as it came from the UK, which is now outside Europe. It was worth it though as it was copies of the book our daughter Tracey has written. It is about the Christian faith.
, written for unbelievers.
It is called Ex Nihilo - From Nothing. (Link to Amazon)

In one photo my husband is trying to put together a cabinet we bought at Ikea. That is always fun.


Saturday was the opening of the photo exhibition in our village. It was held in the old water deposit, which has been refurbished as an exhibition space.

On Sunday morning the pastor of our church bought fresh churros at the café around the corner and we had Churros and chocolate for breakfast. Yum! I wrote about it in Tuesday's blog post.

Monday was a mundane day. I went to the gym, I cooked lunch and we went grocery shopping. We bought everything plus literally a kitchen sink!

On Tuesday I spent the whole day card making. We had lit the woodburner in the craft room so it was nice and warm.


On Wednesday our friends came round as per usual. Kim had brought a parsnip gratin (parsnips from her own garden). At 5 pm it was my turn to 'man' the exhibition. I had to stay until 8 pm, so not that bad. In the photo I was sitting looking out of the door and watching the sky go pink at the sunset.
I haven't done my Thursday collage yet, so you will see that one next week.

I'm going to link this with Annie at A Stitch In Time.

As usual, I will post some funnies at the end. (I admit that my favorite is 'Morning sex')

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca




















8 comments:

  1. Im so glad I tipped you off about your blog cos having read your funnies a am really giggling now. Thanks so much for sharing them....off to boil some eggs 😂😂😂
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful stamps!!!
    And wow on your daughter! Must be cool to see ones own work displayed like this - congrats!
    And yay for your eggs! My Brother lives in a village where you can buy eggs from free roaming chicken - that you can also see. There is a fridge and a box where you put your money in and those eggs really do taste different!!! Oh, I haven´t been there in two years...


    LOL. Ingo could just blend in with his apron from Italy!
    The AC is clever!

    Egg timer, LOL. How sad, actually!

    Well, the AI is actually too real to be funny... Good tip with the glasses, though ;-)

    The last one reminds me of flat-sharing with men...

    Thanks for the fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca, loving the postcards and that beautiful poem, so true. The stamps are gorgeous. Looks like you've had another great week, full of join and smiles. I'm afraid my week is not so interesting. Loving the funnies and there are some meaningful words today too. I am waiting to pick up my new glasses.....maybe I should cancel the appointment Lol! Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely post, Lisca, and you do seem to have had a very full week. Congratulations to your daughter on the publication of her book. I wish her much success. The postcards and stamps are beautiful. I enjoyed the funnies, especially that last one :) Have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry this is a generic message, but it's all I could pull together. Late Thursday as I headed to the basement, I caught my sleeve on the railing and lost my balance. I fell down 13 of the 14 steps to the basement floor. I laid there for what seemed like hours, but in reality was probably little more than 20-30 minutes. When I was able to get up, I realized I had hurt my back enough that all I could do was lie on it. I have trouble sitting or standing. I hope you understand. If I normally visit you every day, I hope/plan to feel better by Monday. Thanks for your support and understanding. PLEASE, NO SYMPATHY. It was my own stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, Ikea furniture, the ultimate challenge except for out running a hippo...churros... yuim... so many funnies I had to call my husband over, he even laughed at the egg timer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ikeA assembly is always fun. How exciting to have an author in the family. Some of the food looks amazing, the pasta with sausages looks fab and the churros. I hope you have had a fabulous weekend. Have a great week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your daughter. The cards and stamps are lovely. You are always so busy. It is nice to see your life. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete