Friday 3 July 2020

A Postcard A Day - Friday 3 July 2020 - Friday Smiles


Hello lovely girls,
Here we are again on Friday to show each other what made us smile this week. 

First of all my postcard:
That is the pretty envelope I received yesterday. The stamps on it are gorgeous! 
This is the postcard that was inside. It's a painting by Degas (Woman combing her hair) from the Louvre Museum in Paris.

 It was sent to me by Sylvie from Florida. And she sends me this 'Cheer up' sticker. Isn't that lovely?
And here is the little Renoir sticker

 There is a story attached to this piece of mail. Sylvie had sent this on the 6th of May and then was a little upset when her letter came back to her:


But she just stuck the whole thing in another envelope (the brown one at the top) and tried again, after communicating with me to make sure I was still living at this address. I explained to her that postal services had been suspended during lockdown in many countries, and that there were very few planes flying. I am so glad she persisted as I am over the moon with her card and the decorated envelopes. It made my day. Or should I say, it made my week, or even my month!!

I am really enjoying my walks with my friend twice a week. We walk for one hour and then sit down for ten minutes and turn round and go back. Sometimes by a different route like last Friday.
 Since the photo was taken I have done some more second fermentation with different fruits to see which one we like best (that is providing the kombucha turns out well)

 The 'hiperico' we collected on Friday is called St John's Wort in English:
You put it in a jar and cover it with olive oil. Leave it in the sun for a week and it will turn red. Below you can see that mine has already turned red.
The filtered oil will be very good for burns and grazes. It was used in WWI when of course they didn't have any antibiotica, but this works very well instead.
 My friend Dian came to visit me. She had some of the above mentioned cake and she was very enthusiastic about it.
It is called a yoghurt cake. It was so easy and quick  to make. If you have a little yoghurt pot in the fridge, this is what you can do with it! I used plain yoghurt and a few drops of coconut flavoring I have in the fridge. Here is the recipe, for those who are interested:



And then it was July.......

Hubby was on his scooter behind a car, who suddenly drove backwards and bashed into  his scooter. Both parties were insured and nobody was hurt, so it is no problem. We took the scooter to the repair shop, where the insurance assessor came to look at it. Then on Thursday we collected it again and are now waiting for the repair shop to tell us when we can bring it in.


That is it from me today. Now it's off to Annie at A Stitch In Time for the Link party. As usual I have some funnies for you at the end. This time I have some curious things about the English language, which are very funny to me, not being a native speaker. (And I couldn't help slipping in another nursing/medical joke).

Have a great weekend, and those of you in the US have a great 4th July celebration.
Take care,
Hugs,
Lisca















6 comments:

  1. OHHHH! Ingo´d LOVE that moon-stamp. I guess. He tought it was a comic! His parents dragged him out bed to watch the landing and he, being a little boy, was rather grumpy, not understanding that this was REAL!
    I have a 3-D-book on it all (the moon, not Ingo).

    Yes. End of May I went to our post office with a parcel to the Philippines. Guess what´s still sitting here, they have "code orange", no post delivered.

    Love your hiperico! As your weekly resumees! Still can´t believe you do that on your smart phone - I could not!!! Fiddly thingy. My respect to you and thank you for sharing!
    I can tipfinger! (OK, not the point!). LOL, languages are weird indeed, cargo!!! Thank you for the laughs, happy Friday and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweetie I hope you are well, I'm having major commenting issues with blogger at the moment, so I'm hoping this gets to you, I haven't had a comment from you in weeks so I'm assuming you have the same issue that Kate has been having, she has found a work round and is sending her comment via messenger as we are now facebook friends, the things you do to keep in touch - but so worth it, if you are still joining in and want to comment then that might be possible.

    Loving your week apart from the bike issue, I hope you get everything sorted quickly and that hubby is OK.

    Those pancakes look lovely in your picture and first flowers on tomatoes is brilliant, my Mum is the same at the moment earnestly waiting for them to grow, although I'm guessing your weather is being a lot kinder to you than ours is to us.

    Take care and stay safe

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postcard is wonderful. That lady likes Impressionists, I can tell from her choice of postcard and sticker. Lovely stamps, too. I wanted the moon stamps, but they were gone before I got to the PO to try to order them.

    I read what Iris wrote. Are your scrapbook pages on your smart phone? For some reason, I thought you printed them out. Somewhere along the line, I must have missed that months ago.

    It's always fun to read your weekly reports, but sorry to read about Graham's scooter getting smashed. The potatoes and carrots in your roast look wonderful. I would have been able to eat all of that, I think.

    Why is it we in the states speak English, but the British speak a very different English? Not the humor you shared, but a question that both Jo and I have compared over the years. I had to laugh at the word queue. Many in the states don't even know what the word means. They say "stand in line," or "next in line." They look at me funny when I use the Q word.

    Have a super Friday and weekend, too. And now I'm really curious about your daily scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week you've had. Glad no one was hurt in the accident. I had a good chuckle at your funnies this week...what a stupid language English is.
    Love the sound of the recipe...just might have to give that one a go...thanks for sharing it.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wrap up of events ~ Love the postcard and sticker,it just shows how many kindred spirits are out there :) I'm glad the accident wasn't worse! It's great that your walking for 2 hrs ~ I'm getting about 1/2 to 1 hour a day in and it feels good. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased that Sylvie's letter got to you in the end and of course I'm in love with those stamps. I am loving the look of your cake, scrummy. I will copy the recipe if that's okay but not sure how long it will take me to get round to making it but would love to have a go. The funnies are brilliant too and really made me smile. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete