Friday 17 July 2020

A Postcard A Day - Friday 17 July 2020 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely ladies,
It is Friday once again. The weeks just fly by. 
How are you all? I am fine and have had lots to smile about. My postcards have started to arrive again. 
This map of Switzerland arrived recently, sent to me by Lily, who lives in Fribourg. 

 The stamps are beautiful. The one on the right is from a series on wild animals and features marmots. The building on the left is the railway station of Fleurier.
Here is a photo of the station in winter.
What have I been up to this week?
Friday was a busy day, but I still managed to go out for a drink with my hubby.
 We had a glut of apricots from our neighbour and I made a cheesecake with apricots. (It was very nice).
 On Sunday the weather was cloudy and 'close'. There was thunder and eventually it rained a bit.
 On Monday we went shopping and I didn't feel like cooking so we stopped at a restaurant and had the Menu del Día, which is a three course meal which only costs 10 euros. 
 On Tuesday we went to stay in our 'weekend home', and we went out for a drink. Later that evening we saw a film (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo).
 The next morning there was some work to do as we hadn't been there since the beginning of March.
And yesterday I spent the morning deadheading my hanging baskets and window boxes.
That were the highlights of my week. As usual I have some funnies at the end. Some puns this time. And a well known song by Meatloaf. 

I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your  Week Friday. 

Have a lovely weekend all, and a good week ahead.

Hugs,
Lisca














7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I loved the postcard of Switzerland. I had to look up Fribourg. Finally found it. Lovely stamps, too.

You have had a very busy week. I admire the fact you can go out to eat. It's still too dangerous here, in my opinion. Too many people and no one wears masks when they eat. I hope you feel safe where you eat out. You had a lot to do when you were at your vacation house. I don't envy you all that work you had to perform.

Some of those puns were great. I don't know where that Community Center is, but it sure has a lot of great signs.

Have a super Friday and a great weekend, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Lisca, you made me laugh!
The real Jägermeister is produced 15 km from our doorstep (Wolfenbüttel) - let me know if you want some.

Funny, too, how some say chips, other crisps, some say fries... I never know until I enlarge a pic - great trick ;-)
(We say Pommes)

EARWORM.
I´d buy a handle hugger. For my prude SIL - she wants to kill me anyways!
Good ones, no atmosphere. or "Tose".

Thank you for the smiles and hugs from here! If you like some Wolfenbüttel-stuff, let me know :-) No worries if you don´t!

kathyinozarks said...

Loved the postcard and stamps You have been really busy-wow to have fresh apricots-awesome! enjoyed your smiles too Happy Friday Kathy

Karen said...

The best was the dead fish going with the flow! Too funny ~ You have been busy busy ~ I'm glad your postcards are coming back through and that enjoyed a few outings! Enjoy your weekend :)

Annie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late making my visits this week....and no I haven't been making more face masks today....that's cos I've made 4 Memory bears :-) The world has gone crazy in many ways cos I think I still have 11 Memory bears to make yet!!!
It looks like you've had a lovely week. I loved your funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I have some very fond memories of a holiday in Switzerland. That is an interesting postcard and nice stamps.
I love Lake Negratin. It is quite a long drive for a day out for us, but we have had some lovely trips there when the boys are over here.
I am very jealous of all those apricots. they are my real favourite of all the summer fruits, but it is hard to get them at just the right point of ripeness, and they have a very short season in the shops and markets.
You have finished with some very clever puns. I really enjoyed them. Kate xx

Celtic house said...

Oh you've had a super busy week, I always love the montages. I noticed you wearing masks when outdoors is that compulsory in Spain. They are just introducing masks for shops as compulsory in the UK. Your apricot cheesecake looks beautiful I assume it's a baked cheesecake. The funniest always make me giggle have a fab week. Ps got your comments yayyyyyy