Friday 19 July 2019

A Postcard A Day - Friday 19 July 2019 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely ladies, How are you today? Today is Friday and this blog post is about postcards and also about the smiles and the silver linings in our lives. 

The first postcard is one I myself sent. It went to a young lady in Italy who likes vintage postcards. This one was a fake vintage. The image was vintage but the card was new.

And this card is on its way to Minsk in Belarus. The recipient had stated that she likes images of the ocean and she also likes quotes. Well I found her a card that combines both. I'm sure she will love it and it will make her smile.
 I had to have some dental surgery done on Wednesday. Not nice. Nobody likes going to the dentist. But I am fortunate that I have a very nice dentist who is very capable and the whole procedure went well. 
 I was given antibiotics, anti inflammatory pills and some extra painkillers. On Wednesday evening I started to feel very ill, and during the night I was nauseous and vomited. I started to have pain, so I took more pain killers. Yesterday I was still ill and couldn't keep anything down and I was in bed all day. I had taken Ibuprofen before as well as the antibiotics, but the painkillers were new to me. I read the box and they were Paracetamol combined with codeine. They obviously didn't agree with me, and as soon as I stopped taking them, I felt better. In fact this morning I'm feeling human again. Phew. 
So thank God for modern dentistry and anesthetics, and for the fact that we can (just about) afford good dental care.

Now, look what I found in the post the other day! A parcel from my cousin in Holland with lots of little vintage images!  
 I can use them for card making, ATCs and pocket letters. Thank you Margit!

That is it from me, and of course there are some funnies for you to giggle about at the end. Lets head off to Annie at A Stitch In Time and then to Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

Have a fun weekend,
Stay safe and...
Keep smiling!
Lisca







12 comments:

  1. Lovely postcards. That angel girl is beautiful. I'm sorry you had a bad reaction to the pain killers, but it's good you figured out they were the cause. You received a nice group of vintage images to use. I enjoyed your funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you feel better. Some of those painkillers do that.Hopefully the pain is gone and you are feeling better. Enjoy your weekend Lisca. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely postcards! Sorry those painkillers made you feel so bad, and hope that all is now well. They sell those little vintage images here at the stationer's, too. The last funny was my fave. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both postcards are wonderful, Lisca. You know how to pick them for people.

    You got some wonderful vintage images. They are the perfect size for ATCs, too.

    Sorry to read about your dental problem. I have never taken a painkiller, so I wouldn't know what to do. So glad you figured it out without having to go back to the dentist.

    Had to laugh at the last funny. Like Valerie, it was my favorite, too. Have a lovely Friday and a great weekend, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you haven't been well after your dental work, but I'm glad to hear you are now on the mend.

    The postcards really are beautiful, the new vintage one particularly.

    I hope you have a fantastic weekend, I look forward to seeing you use your new vintage images.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely postcards this week but I'm really sorry to hear about your dental experience....I have a real phobia about dentists so you have my full sympathy. Fab funnies as always Lisca.
    Big healing hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Lisca. In answer to your question, GIMP is free. It can be downloaded here: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

    There are plugins and scripts that can be added, that are free also. I have a list of links on the left side of my blog, under the heading: GIMP Open Source (Free) Downloads (Image / Photo Editor)

    GIMP has good help, too, that explains how to use it. I hope you give it a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just don't know where you find those funnies but they sure make me smile. Loving the postcards too but most of all pleased you're feeling better. Big hugs and wishing you a lovely weekend. Hopefully you'll feel more like some crafting too. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you ´re feeling better today Lisca !! Well I also have to go to the dentist, and don´t want too :).
    this vintage postcard is really wonderful, love the funnies, they make me smile. Wonderful treasure from your cousin, enjoy them.
    I wish you a very nice afternoon,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  10. The post cards always surprise me in how different they are. I'm sorry you had trouble with the pain meds but am glad the dental surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad your procedure went well. I had sent you my address for the ATC via the Contact form above on your sidebar. I will do that again, as I didn't want to put it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the postcards you chose with such care, especially the ocean one.
    Sorry the tablets disagreed with you. I occasionally have dolocatil for my arthritis (I suspect that is what you had. They are called co-codomol in UK), but I don't like taking them either. Hope the others do the trick and you are soon better.
    I am not sure I understood one of your funnies this week, but the broomstick made me chuckle!
    Sorry I am late getting round to everyone. My folks only left at 5.30 this morning.
    Hope you have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete