Tuesday 18 December 2018

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 18 Dec 2018 - T for teapot, cave house and Christmas decorations



Hello lovely people,
How are you all? 
Happy T-Day. Come and join us at Elisabeth and Bluebeard with a blogpost with a beverage in it. Here is (one of) mine.
The image above (not a postcard) translates: May all your plans come true.

I'm showing you some postcards I sent this week. The first one is on its way to Russia. This young lady said she likes Thomas Kinkade and this card is a bit in that style. It is obvious that she does not speak english and uses an online translator. This is what she wrote: ' I will be very pleased to receive your piece of heat in the form of postcards, bearing light, good and joy'.
And the card with the RealMadrid footbal stadium goes to Frank who works for a bank in Luxembourg. He is a huge soccer fan, and also a long distance runner.
This is one of the stamps I used. It reads 'Gender equality in the armed forces. 30th anniversary of the incorporation of women.'
Last week we bought a new tea pot.  It works a bit like a French coffee pot. It takes loose leaf tea and when the desired colour/strength has been achieved, you push down the plunger and the tea will be kept at the bottom and won't continue to steep. Clever idea. We haven't used it with tea yet as we don't drink real black tea, but we have a lot of loose rooibos mixes. We're finding that the rooibos is finer than tea and some 'bits' escape from the mesh. The holes are relatively big I think. Has anyone else have this problem?
This is what our dining table looked like for most of last week. Wrapped presents, a few Christmas cards in the making and Shaz & Doug's card standing upright agains the presents. Isn't it beautiful. I have since hung it up. It is a work of art. Thanks Shaz!
We visited a friend the other day who had moved to another cave house. She had work done on this house and it looks lovely. This was the dining room, ready for the meal. There were 7 of us eating. 
Here are our best friends on the left and on the right is  a pastor and his wife from a neighbouring church.
And there is my hubby in the red Ikea chair. Note the lights behind the roof tiles in the corner. I always get ideas for our cave when i see others'.
We saw some new (to me) the illuminations outside the town hall late at night. (nobody is about, it gets quite cold at night as we have very few clouds)
There were a few members of the brass band that had been playing that evening. We missed that unfortunately.
Winter has set in and one can tell by the leaves on the trees, which will soon disappear all together. This is the Paseo, the little park close by our house.

I am very excited as today we are traveling by bus to Alicante, where we have booked a hotel. Tonight (depending on the hotel wifi) I might be able to do some comments, but most of the evening will be taken up by hubby wining and dining me. 
Tomorrow we'll catch a flight to Rotterdam. woohee!

Wishing you all a happy T-Day,

Lisca

16 comments:

  1. I love your new tea pot-had not seen one like this before. my french press works really well but it does have two fine screens.
    The cave houses are really neat-you are the first person I know to live in one.
    Enjoy getting wined and dined-hugs Kathy Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful postcards- and the stamp is so cool- I had no idea there was such a stamp anywhere! I love how clean and light the cave houses look. Have not tried a press like yours but I do enjoy my French Press for coffee on occasion. Enjoy your wine and dine night and holiday in Rotterdam. Happy travels and a happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that coffee/teapot. The shape is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful postcards. And your teapot is so pretty. I love rooibos tea but I agree, the fine pieces always find a way through the mesh strainer.
    I loved seeing the pictures of your beautiful home and your dining room is gorgeous!
    Rotterdam sounds like fun!! Enjoy the time away with your hubby.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several pieces of art by Thomas Kinkade, including some Christmas ornaments. This is indeed reminiscent of his style. That's an amazing postage stamp, too.

    I had a French Press, but gave it to my friend Scott. I don't like to clean it, so I can imagine the teapot would be the same problem. It has a lovely shape, though.

    Lots of fun to see your dining room table in full blown gift making and wrapping mode. I've corralled mine to the craft room.

    It's always fun to see another cave house. By now, I suspect your husband has wined and dined you. Have a great and safe trip. In case I miss you, have a delightful Christmas, too.

    Thanks for sharing your postcards, the cave house, and your tea press with us for T this Tuesday.


    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely postcards, glad you always send what the collectors want. How do you store all of your cards? Those cave houses look magnificent. I used to have a French press for coffee, but I don't drink tea, so can't help you there! Have a great evening out! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like you're having fun! That's what the holidays are all about! I have a teapot that steeps loose tea but no plunger. The holes in mine are smaller than yours look, but it is hard to tell from a photo I think. Sending you warm holiday wishes. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful postcards! It looks like you had a wonderful time at your friends, the cave house is amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy T Day and a very Merry Christmas too! Happy Travels! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely postcards and I do like the stamps you used as well.
    Your friends cave house looks lovely and it looked like you were having a super time together.
    Have a great time away.
    Happy T day wishes Lisca.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your postcards and stamps are always so interesting. I really enjoyed the photos of the interior of the cave house. I'd like to see one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic postcards! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends, the cave house looks amazing . Wishing you a very happy T Day Lisca and a very Merry Christmas and happy travels as well!
    Hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a French press but have never seen a tea pot made like that. I see advantages, though, in that the tea leaves can fully expand but then not end up in your cup. Nice! The cave houses sound fascinating, and it'd be fun to see how other people do theirs. Happy T Tuesday :) Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisca is off traveling!! Have a wonderful time!!! Aaahhh to be whined and dined....lol Lvoe your photos and seeing more of what a cave house looks like.. amazing. Happy T day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. You "meet" some very interesting people through post crossing, Lisca. Your friend's cave house dining room is beautiful. Your house is lovely too. It looks very cozy. I like the lights behind roof tiles. They add atmosphere and charm. My craft table looks almost as messy as yours ;-) I got the cards done and am making a few little gifts. Have a wonderful visit with your family in Holland and a very Merry Christmas. I could feel you excitement through the internet.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Kincade postcard! Your home looks great - I have not wrapped any presents up yet! Have a fabulous trip! Happy T day Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Because of you posting post cards, you have inspired me to put all the ones I have collected over the years into a notebook. Quite nostalgic; can't wait for the kids and grandkids to this week to show them. Cards from grandparents on trips over the years. Cave house! Wow, it is lovely! thanks for the t day post. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete