Tuesday 14 August 2018

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 14 August 2018



Hello lovely people. 
Here we are again! Ready for the T-Party! Why don't you join us with a blogpost with a beverage in it. We meet at Bluebeard and Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover. 

Before I share my drink I want to show you a beautiful postcard I received this week:

It was sent to my by Susanne Dellefant in München, Germany. She writes that she is an artist and that the painting on the card is one of her paintings called "Tänzerin" (dancer). I have found her website if you'd like to see more of her work. I think this painting is wonderful. She reminds me of a flamenco dancer at the fair. 
http://hwww.susanna-dellefant.de/english/gallery/ttps://

The next thing I want to show you is a poster of a fascinating project to promote our area. We live in a very interesting 'Badlands'. Someone asked me the other day what that was.... my understanding is that Badlands are a type of dry terrain where softer sedimentary rocks and clay-rich soils have been extensively eroded by wind and water. They are characterized by steep slopes and minimal vegetation. Wikipedia says: They are often difficult to navigate by foot. Badlands often have a spectacular color display that alternates from dark black/blue coal stria to bright clays to red scoria.
Here is a short video where you can see how beautiful it is.

It's been a busy week here in our village. During the whole week it was Feria, the fair. It is a week long fun fair, parties and activities and contests. Our photo club held an exhibition in the little park in the centre.




Last week we were in the Extremadura part of Spain, in a medieval town called Plasencia. I have already shown you photos of the wall. Today I'll show you a few other things:


An interesting building (above)


I love beautiful doors. Inside one of these doors we saw this:

One of the streets we walked through (It was more than 40 degrees C!)





Our evening meal was taken at the hotel and here you can see the first course: gazpacho, the classical Spanish cold soup. Very refreshing. My drink (red wine) is also in the picture, qualifying it for the T-Party. The little bits on the side are raw onion, bell pepper and chopped tomatoes. You are meant to sprinkle them over your soup if so desired.






I hope you enjoyed the photos (and the video if you had a chance to watch it),
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

PS If the link didn't work, here is the web address:
https://www.facebook.com/geoparquecuaternario/videos/611078542602949/

19 comments:

  1. How neat to receive someone's original art in post crossing, Lisca. I wonder what you do with all the fabulous cards. I have binders for my mail art, which consists of postcard art and a few ATCs.

    I've seen the Badlands in the U.S. Yours are just as starkly beautiful and interesting.

    Did your have photos on display at the feria?

    More lovely photos from Plasencia. I can't believe you walked so far in that heat! Cold gazpacho seems just the thing for such a day.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that interesting postcard, such a cool painting style. And the town of Plasencia is so beautiful. Those scenes from the video are breathtaking!
    I have never had gazpacho but it looks so delicious. I think I am going to need to try it after looking at your photo.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cool photos this week Lisca. And the video was fascinating too. I feel like I had a journey through some of Spain and it is certainly a pretty place.Nice postcard too. Hope you have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great postcard, it really is a piece of art. Love the photos from Plasencia, but not the thought of sightseeing at 40°! Hope you have been enjoying the feria. Here each town, district or village has it's own 'kirmes', a festival that usually goes on for a week with a fair, processions and lots of beer drinking! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That postcard was incredible, Lisca. Personally, I think it was "R" rated (grin). Doesn't it look like her breasts are exposed? Or is that just me?

    We have Badlands in the states, too. I was surprised how similar they look to our badlands. Even the colors and rock formations are similar. Had I not known better, I would have believed this came from "our" badlands. If you are interested, here is information, photos, and videos on ours. They are in South Dakota and run by the National Park Service:

    https://www.nps.gov/badl/learn/photosmultimedia/index.htm

    I have made gazpacho before and it is always great on a hot summer day. Yours looks lovely.

    Thanks for sharing your postcard, the badlands, your gazpacho, and your wine with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read your comment, Lisca. The ads I used were no more than one week old. One ad, the one in the background, is good for two weeks, so the sale is still current.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic post and photos. The postcard you received looked great , she is a talented artist.
    I really enjoyed the video of the badlands, so barren and vast , the views were amazing. The photos of your trip were also amazing, I loved the old buildings and doorways.
    Your soup looked delicious and good to have on a hot day.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved seeing your photos of Spain. The first building really is very beautiful, I wonder what is inside. Same with the spectacular doors, what fun to peek behind one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Badlands look beautiful and what amazing views, I enjoyed watching the video 😁. The old buildings and doorways are wonderful and your soup must have been very refreshing - yum! I hope you enjoyed the fair too. Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The postcard is so special-being of someone's art. very nice
    we have badlands here in the states as well-I got to see before we reached Yellowstone Park last year May-the colors were really lovely.
    I enjoyed all the architecture in Spain-and the soup looks delicious.
    thanks for sharing all the lovely photos Happy T day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just cannot imagine liking cold soup Lisca...lol But i would like to try some just to see.. That is a fabulous postcard you received. I would love to exchange a postcard with you if you like.. You can send your address to jinxxxygirl at yahoo dot com... if your interested. :) What an interesting looking building.. I saved your photo to maybe use as a reference for a doodle house... :) Happy happy T day wishes! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like that dancer with her curl on her forehead :) Local fairs are always fun, aren't they. In some ways the same everywhere, but each place has its own flavor. The architecture in that medieval town is striking! Your soup looks delicious, and I'd definitely add some of those veggies. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful postcards and photos, as always! I too love doorways, archways and windows, and you've included a beautiful selection. the stone staircase inside the doorway looks quite mysterious! and that big metal door...marvelous. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful postcard! The Badlands look very beautiful, as does the Mediaeval town you visited! Your soup looks delicious!Happy T Day,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful postcard. Such a treasure. The Badlands are so different from the scenery is my area. It looks so stark, but so beautiful, too. Almost other worldly. Cool architecture in the town. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. how special to get a postcard from someone´s own art! i love the sights you had, but oh my, i would be killed by 40°c!! the pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing!
    happy t-day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great postcard and outings photo. I did not even see a video to click on so will have to go to the website. Happy belated
    Tea Day. I was dead last to the party this week! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  18. An amazing postcard - unique !Wonderful photos from this wonderful architecture! Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an interesting postcard. I'll bet you look forward to your mail delivery. I enjoyed visiting a new to me area through your photos.

    ReplyDelete