Friday 17 August 2018

A Postcard A Day - Friday 17 August 2018 - Friday Smiles


Hello lovely friends, How are you all today? I hope you have had plenty to smile about this week. Even if things have not gone as expected, there is a silver lining on each cloud. So lets count our blessings and smile!

My first smile is a lovely black and white card that came in the post this week. It is a card from Belgium and the ladies are.... yes, you've guessed it: they are lace makers. Bruges is still famous for its lace. The ladies in the picture look quite old and not all lace makers are old. There is a trend of more modern free style lace, done by younger (dare i say) artists.

Last week was absolutely manic in our village as it was the yearly 'Feria'. The whole week is full of activities, sports competitions, parades, stalls, fun fair, performances etc. People come from wide and far back to Caniles and the population seems to double.


The streets are decorated with these lights (much nicer at night)
This is the start of one of the races.
The young man with number 5 would go and win this particular event.
Then there was the water slide down the high street. People are queueing up for this.
This is what it looked like from the other side.
Most of the performances were flamenco type music and dance.
I think I showed you I was making a card for my sister's anniversary. 
Now I can show you the finished result
I was also going to show you the painting of Rotterdam that I have (in the naive style by a R'dam artist) as we were finally going to give it a place on the wall. But the glass broke so now we have to  wait until I can take it to the glazier.

That is it from me today. I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.
And of course I will end with a few funnies. 
Have a great weekend and remember,
Keep smiling,
Lisca






7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great week. I was really surprised to see that big lip and slide and the size of the line is amazing. I bet it was a good way to cool off. Happy almost weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely postcard. I had heard that Bruges was famous for its lace, but forgot until you reminded me.

    Your week looks like you had fun. I loved those lights criss crossing the streets.

    Lovely card for your sister and husband. Lots of work to get those little bits removed.

    Your funnies are great. I love the Disneyland one the most, I think. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca, I can definitely relate to some of your funnies today Lol! What a great week you've been having with so much going on. Hope the weekend is just as good. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing the celebrations and events in Spain....they sure know how to party. Your minion smiles got me chuckling....I love the daftness of minion humour.
    Amy’s three are all big readers...they go through whole series of books in no time and thankfully all three really enjoy school so I know they will enjoy their latest books a lot.
    Hope your week is filled with smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos always and a fabulous anniversary card!Your funnies are superb! Have a great Friday and weekend!

    For the zucchini juice.. it is just the juice getting from wringing the courgettes out to get the "zucchini "!dry for the frittata...lol. Nothing added - but tastes fresh and at least it is healthy.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca. I love the postcard, and the old traditional making of lace.
    Your fiesta looks fun. I know a lot of my family would happily queue up to go on that water slide.
    Your card is lovely.. I am sure your sister was happy to receive it.
    The Minions are strange little creatures aren't they, but my grandsons loved them, especially when I found some minion ice-lollies! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah bless you, I hope you can get the picture sorted soon, it looks lovely and will look fantastic on your walls. Loving the postcard of the lacemaking ladies, I've never had a go but I have seen it done and it looks mighty tiring on the eyes!

    Love the funnies too!

    Have a fabulous week

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete