Tuesday 21 March 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 21 March 2017 - T for ... literateurs

Hi Folks,
Here we are again on Tuesday. 

I received a lovely postcard from Lithuania this week, which I would like to share with you:
It was sent by Zydrolè, (who now lives in Berlin. Yes, that's confusing)). She writes: "This card shows one street in Vilnius, Lithuania. A group of artists had an idea to revive the street and decorate it with artworks related to litterateurs. You can see on the wall various small objects made of metal, wood, glass etc in the honour of litterateurs. "

Yes, I puzzled about this word 'litterateurs' and looked it up. The Oxford dictionary defines it as: A person who is interested in and knowledgeable about literature. Merriam-Webster: a literary person; especially :  a professional writer. 

I found this photo on the internet. For everyone who reads Lithuanian literature, this place is like a temple. Artworks mounted on the walls of the Literatu street (Literatų gatvė) are dedicated to the literature workers: writers, translators, everyone who has link with Lithuania and is important for Lithuanian or world literature.


How interesting...

The weather here in Spain has improved again (since we had the snow) and we are able to eat outside again. Yesterday I made a quinoa chilli and found some mince meat in the freezer so i made some burgers, which hubby cooked on the BBQ. So my contribution to Elizabeth's T-party is this:
Our drink is Radler, my favorite beer when the weather is warm. It is cloudy as it has lemon juice in it.
Cheers! Me dears!

I have some more awesome street art to show you:
It can be found in Toulouse (France) and was made by Hendrik Beikirch in 2016.

One more thing I'd like to show you is this:
Many of you will have heard of the artist Denthe. She has a blog that I love to follow. She also publishes calenders (I have one on the wall). Lately she has started to create art on old maps and I just love what she is doing. This is her blog: http://denthe.blogspot.com.es/

The quotes are good too.

It is very early on Tuesday morning as I am writing this. I'm going to bed to sleep a few hours, then up early as we are going away again for a couple of days in our campervan. It is my birthday on Thursday so it is a little birthday treat really. I don't want a present, as I have all i could ever want. So just being out and about in nature and a bit of sunshine is a lovely present. (Consequently I won't be able to comment until Friday as the campsite we are going to does not have electricity or wifi. Hope you don't mind...)

Please join me at Elizabeth and Bleubeards's T-party

Happy T-Day,
Have a good week,
Lisca


16 comments:

  1. Happy day for your birthday coming up. I think you're going for the best birthday-going away and seeing things. Its my kind of day. Enjoy-hope the weather stays perfect for your big day. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your birthday on Thursday, dear Lisca. I'll see you on Friday, then and wish you happy birthday a second time.

    Your beer looks good, even though I'm not a beer drinker. It's been so hot here, I would welcome anything cold. Glad your good weather has returned.

    Those walls are amazing. I would love to see a closer view of them.

    I'm very familiar with Denthe. I "met" her one year during Art Every Day Month (AEDM) and I love her bright colors and beautiful faces.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely postcard and images from the wall with us, as well as your beer and Denthe's art for T this Tuesday. Happy birthday two days early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that wall, what a fantastic idea. Enjoy the trip in your campervan and have a fun birthday. I like to drink a Radler in summer, too. Happy T Day, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wall with the literature on it-what a great idea

    The painting by Denthe look great and I have had the libnk saved for later.

    Enjoy your trip in the camper van and have a Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Hope you have a wonderful birthday trip away. How LOVELY! ADORE those 'map' sayings / art pieces. They are incredible! And well done with the cooking & being able to eat outside again. So much for the snow, it would seem!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a very Happy Birthday and a trip away sounds a good way to celebrate the day. Hope the weather will be kinf for you and stay warm.
    The literature wall looks amazing and a big Wow to the street art in Toulouse.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great wall that is in Lithuania.
    Your drink is very refreshing.
    My mother enjoyed a Radler in the summer too (she was German).
    Denthe certainly IS a talented artist.
    Enjoy your birthday getaway.
    Making memories is the best gift of all.
    Happy T Day dear Lisca and Happy Birthday too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wall is an inspiration. I'd love one here for music, art, and literature. It's a wonderful feature.

    Happy Early Birthday, and I hope the weather cooperates. I agree outings like that are the best :

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your posts are always so informative for me as I always learn something new
    I think the post card swap for all over the world must be major happy mail-so fun to look forward to.
    the lemon beer sounds refreshing
    Happy Birthday to you and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Lisca!! Have fun camping! I always love all the art you show and your food looks amazing.. I have seen Denthe's artwork. Its so lovely... Happy happy T day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your postcards are always so interesting and informative, I think this beautiful wall of art celebrating Lithuanian literature is amazing! I love that it is still a form of street art and it looks such a lovely place to admire and explore. Denthe seems to paint with so much passion and the maps inspiration is wonderful. The vibrant colours and quotes are perfect too - there is so much here to make me smile :-) . Your Radler looks so refreshing, I'd be happy to raise a glass with you - Happy T Day :-) . Enjoy your celebratory travels and wishing you a very Happy Birthday! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Happy Birthday Lisca! love all you've shared here. The wall of commemoration is really interesting, the painting on the building is really incredible! Love Denthe's work also...inspiring. hope you had a wonderful mini-vacation, happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Lisca!!! Hope you have a wonderful time away.
    I found your post card and information to very interesting, and that street art is amazing, when you notice how tall the building is
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased to hear that the weather has improved! I love the wall - what a wonderful tribute! Thank you for the link to Denthe's blog - I will check it out! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post. Happy, happy birthday, Lisca! I hope you enjoy your birthday getaway. The information about the litterateurs wall is fascinating. I'd never heard of it either. Love the art by Denthe.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a bit late, but promised I would visit on your birthday. According to my time zone, I still have over an hour to wish you a happy birthday and sing you to sleep (through boredom, perhaps).

    ReplyDelete