Friday 30 October 2015

A Postacard a Day - Friday 30 Oct 2015 Friday Smiles

Good Morning Friday Smilers! I'm linking with Annie at Friday Smiles to share what has been good this week.

My blog is mainly about postcards so I will show you a card I received yesterday that made me very happy:
I love turtles. Here is one in his natural habitat (i.e. in the water). The card came from the Czech Republic and had lovely stamps on it:
The stamp on the left is shaped like a flag and the one on the right is a spa hotel (they call it a 'wellness' hotel).
The person sending the card is called Eliska (similar to my name) and she did lovely drawings on the back. This personal touch made my day!

Now, changing the subject entirely, I really enjoyed Zoe's 'questionnaire' last week and I thought I'd have a go too:
Location: craft room
Feeling: a bit frustrated. Have bought an external back up storage which I can't get to work!
Loving: my new haircut
Reading: A Year Of Living Danishly by Helen Russell (We are visiting friends in Denmark in January so I thought I'd read up on Denmark)
Drinking: pink grapefruit squash
Anticipating: Collecting my new computer tomorrow(!)
Listening to: Kitty purring
Watching: We don't have TV, and it's night time so there is no view from my window.
Planning: What to cook for dinner tomorrow (guinness beef pie) and what to bake on Saturday (probably something with apples)
Looking forward to: Spending Christmas with my mum in Holland before moving into the new flat we are building.
Creating: chaos, no not true, but I have no projects on the go. 
Need to finish: Backing up my computer before the new one arrives.
Wishing: I hadn't pigged out so much this summer.... I need to lose weight!
Main goal this week: Get the computer sorted.

Now before I go, here is something to make you giggle:

Have a great week, and keep smiling!

Lisca

14 comments:

  1. Oh Lisca I've just read the WD40 advert out to hubby :-) :-) :-) I actually love WD40 but it's more about the smell than for any of the listed uses ;-) They def wouldn't get away with that now would they?
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lisca - very funny. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah Lisca .. love turtles too and few weeks back when in Brisbane Botanical gardens took some shots and videos of them up there.
    Have you tried putting what you issue is with hard dive in google.
    1. Put the brand name and model number first
    2. then add the problems eg " won't connect to computer properly" or
    wont let me add backup files" ... or what EXACTLY is your porlbem.
    Someone will have done a post somewhere out in the interweb or better stil a you tube video.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just discovered written on the box in tiny tiny letters is: 'Formatted for Windows 7/8-10' .... Mine runs on Windows Vista! From the arc!

      Delete
  4. Just spat out my tea on reading the WD40 ad!!!!! VERY funny:) Oh, yes, gotcha on the weight thing.....& I really enjoyed reading your 'doing now' thing....might adjust that & use it on my project life pages! Thanks;)!!!! And good luck with the computer. Ha! YOu'll need more than that. i'll send up a prayer as well.....jolly things can be sooo frustrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisca, How things change ... The WD40 advert is a real hoot. Your postcard is very pretty and how lovely to have the little drawing on the back too. Good luck with your new computer. Have a lovely week. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckling away after looking at the WD40 ad. Must show it hubby later.
    I like the sound of the wellness hotel and could fancy a visit myself.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the WD40 ad... hilarious. Or do I just have a filthy mind?
    On a serious note take a look online as there is a list of 1000 things for using WD40 and it's amazing. I have got rid of ants, removed stains and, so on so forth, with it. You'll be amazed.
    Love the turtle card and, as ever, the stamps too.
    Have a great weekend,
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisca. I'd be happy to send you a postcard if you email me your mailing address. What a cool thing to collect! I tear off the stamps of envelopes that I get in the mail. Your turtle postcard and the doodles on the back look very cute.

    All I can say is "oh my" regarding the WD 40 add!!

    Happy Friday
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of you. I'd love a card from you. I haven't got your email address (the link on your blog links to Outlook, which I haven't got) so how are we going to do this?

      Delete
  9. Happy weekend Lisca, and a lovely turtle postcard, our Sophies loves them too. When I get my life sorted I might give Zoe's challenge a go also. But must say that's a classic ad for WD40 I'm going to show my hubby. Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL at that WD40 ad, Lisca! Hilarious! Nice postcard love the turtle. Hope the transfer to the new computer goes well. I got a new laptop recently and everything is fine - there were a few problems initially but you expect that. Thanks for your lovely comment - so glad you like my Florabunda letters. No energy to do any more atm but hopefully I'll be feeling better in a day or 2. Had a busy a.m. two days running and went to sleep in the p.m. both days!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely personal touch to draw on your postcard. Your postman must love delivering to you, or do you have to collect from the village correos, like so many folk out here? I hope you get your computer sorted out soon.
    The WD40 advert certainly raised a smile! Have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisca, hope you've sorted out your computer issue now and managed to back up everything ready to transfer to the new one. I'm enjoying the photos of the cards you receive. The WD40 is a hoot - must let my husband see this one :) Elizabeth xx

    PS: did you know that the main constituent of WD40 is fish oil?

    ReplyDelete