Monday 11 August 2014

Totally Happy



Totally Happy 

CSI - Color, Stories and Inspiration had a lovely colour palette this week (Case file 133), so I felt I had to do something with that pink and orange.


Here is my interpretation of case file 133. Once again I used stuff I had lying about like the ribbed wrapper of a roll of biscuits and the pink tissue. Also I stamped onto the back of a clothes tag.
I thought the color palette was gorgeous and I used all the colors.


As evidence I’ve chosen an animal (butterfly), a flower (pink petals make up a rose) and a tree (which is in the photo). There are polka dots and I added clothes pegs as I thought that was what was needed, but I’ve just noticed it’s clothes pins. Oh well.....

The idea came from a prompt from ‘Sunday Scribblings’: “What would you do if you could not fail”. The answer to that was: ”Run a marathon!” Now I don’t run and never have, but I have done a marathon at walking pace.... a strollerthon. 

My testimony is the journaling on a string, even if my string became a twig but I did use the words ‘delight’ and ‘simple’.

The journaling reads:
“To do a marathon for charity at walking pace      is simply a delight: Strollerthon”

The company my husband worked for (Cadbury’s, that made chocolate bars) organized a marathon for charity. For those people not wanting to run, they did a ‘Strollerthon’ through London. It was much publicized and was attended by thousands of people. Just ‘our’ factory sent four coach loads! It was so exiting travelling to London and walking along all those famous places! My husband played his guitar on the way too. I can’t  remember how much we raised for Save-The-Children as it was in 1992, but I do have very ‘Totally Happy’ memories of that time. 

Thanks for stopping to read this and thank you for your comments, which I always find very exciting.

God bless and.... keep scrapping

Lisca

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Lisca...love the petals with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Lisca, I love how you've used the biscuit wrapper and the tissue and the clever way you've done your journaling. I'm sure "clothes pins" is American for "clothes pegs" btw.
    Thanks for your encouraging words about my patchwork tutorial - I've posted a couple of links to UK suppliers in the comments if you still need them :o)

    ReplyDelete